How do you cope knowing you aren't good enough?

contrex

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 06:04 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

You shouldn't worry about your IQ so much. It's that whiny little bitch attitude that will be the end of your dreams.

In my opinion this is the most apt comment in the thread.
0 Replies

AzzABar

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 04:39 pm
@MasonN,
IQ tests are a crock for the most part. Strive to be who you want and you will get there. Life is not about the numbers, life is about life. You have a dream, now run with it. Who cares about the numbers... You know what you know and that is all that matters. It's the passion that gets you the job, it's the passion that sees the hidden answer, it's passion that will take you to the top. Good Luck to you. You are going to rock and roll..
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:15 pm
success = 1% inspiration + 99% perspiration
0 Replies

Proxima

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:41 pm
@MasonN,
Quote:
wever, after taking several IQ tests administered through my school and being deemed an IQ of 132

Are you kidding me???
Simply the fact that you think that an IQ of 132 is bad shows in itself that it isn't.
I only have and Iq OF 116 and I am probably the smartest kid in my school.
So just apply yourself and things will work out for you.(not all the time so don't get crushed by minor inconviences)
Proxima

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:42 pm
@Proxima,
and I am in middle school
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 10:52 am
@MasonN,
Hmmm, only 132? You'd best just forget about all your aspirations to beakers and test tubes and resign yourself to a life of flipping burgers at the local DQ.
Proxima

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:19 pm
@Mame,
You can only barely tell that you are sarcastic. If you are not, well thats cold.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 04:56 pm
@Proxima,
Deciding people's worth by some test (much less an internet test, egads) is what is cold. Some people have very swift minds and twist themselves into knots; some are slower and grasp ramifications of various matters while they digest things.
Some swifties are great at connections and some slowies are last in line to see those. Basing your sense of yourself on a single test, oft questioned, is to submit to foolery.

I read something like 4x as fast as a friend and have a good snappy memory even now (crosses fingers). He, though, could, years later, describe the unfolding of developments on various issues well, where I might murmur vaguely.

(I left the only iq test I ever took to go with a friend to get ice cream at a place a half mile away. Skipped a page and a half. How smart was that, eh?)

Meantime, welcome back, Mame.
And, this is all my musing, not anti you, Proxima. Welcome, by the way.
0 Replies

nuthinspeshal

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:48 am
@MasonN,
Mason,
I'm perhaps seeing it differently, but I didn't read your question as one of I.Q. I read it as one of some other stumbling blocks. Why not ask around about occupational therapy at your school? Your statement of everything you've dreamed failing stuck out to me. Many times those of us with higher intelligences need some help in social areas, and occupational therapy may be a start. It may help with self esteem. No matter the intelligence level, we can still be quite vulnerable and even naive. Grow in all areas, some may be harder than others, but you're more than worth it. All the best
0 Replies