Other than blueberries

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:26 pm
(which actually aren't really blue, can you think of any other blue foods?

Lots of greens and some yellows and oranges and a few reds. But blues????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,895 • Replies: 19
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:33 pm
Some eggplant is a bluish purple. Is that a food?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:36 pm
Grapes are purple, too, but I'm not counting purple. Eggplant is a veggie and does come in varieties but I've never seen one close to blue (though I will admit I have had limited exposure to eggplant over the years).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:41 pm
wild flowers count?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:48 pm
Nah -- there's lots of blue flowers. That's too easy. I want blue foods. Well, actually, I don't really want them. I'm just curious why we don't have blue foods (it's all roger's fault, you know, cause he brought up the favicon thingie which I thought was a cupcake).
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 03:19 am
I know there is a blue corn that they make blue chips and tortillas out of.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 03:20 am
And...what about blue cheese?
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 03:31 am
There's also the blue crab. The meat isn't blue, but a lot of the shell is.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 04:11 am
Gorgonzola cheese has blue veins. Enough blue there?
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 04:52 am
Hiya!!

The fact that there really aren't any common blue foods in nature, is the main reason that blue is THE most un-appetizing colors. The color is actually a "warning color", letting you know that something is in-edible.
Some say that you are more likely to lose weight, if you eat off of blue plates, or even replace the lightbulb in the fridge with a blue light. Very Happy
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:16 pm
Very interesting, Jerry. I never heard that (and hear I thought watching foodtv would teach me everything I'd ever need to know). Guess the blue plates should go, but then, of course, I have to change the dining room decor. I knew I should never have posted this one.

Incidentally, I forgot all about the blue cheese -- which in my humble opinion does look kind of inedible, but hubby likes it so I buy it fairly regularly. And now that you brought it up, Matrix, I saw the blue corn (and the tortillas) on food tv a while ago (it did look kind of strange).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:35 pm
There are blue M&Ms does that count?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:41 pm
That's right, Joanne. Of course it counts -- candy is one of the best foods in the whole wide world (but only if it's chocolate). And, I think, the blue one came about via popular vote -- must be people feel there is a definite need for more blue foods.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:43 pm
I like those blue corn chips and i am NOT getting rid of my blue Russel Wright dishes. I've had blue potatoes a couple of times, they didn't taste as exotic as they looked.http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:998rpaKgpNcC:www.frontrangeliving.com/cooking/images/potatoesall.jpg
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:48 pm
When I was a kid I loved the blue popsicles because they made my mouth look so freaky.

Those blue tortilla chips are actually rather gray (not an appealing color for food either).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:51 pm
Good show, Jerry. I'll get a blue plate instead of waisting my time on another diet.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:56 pm
Actually, I'm going to keep my blue plates too and then next time dinner stinks, I can just blame it on the plates. "Well, it really is a perfectly good dinner, dear. You just aren't enjoying it because it's on blue plates."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:11 pm
The blue plates don't work as a diet aid for me. I guess i'm perverse.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:36 pm
Are you perverse or just a tad color blind?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:42 pm
LOL Laughing

i actually have an unusual sense of colour, but i'm not colour blind. Good idea though.
0 Replies