RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 09:28 pm
What do you all think of windows seven? Time for a big microsoft gripe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,873 • Replies: 17

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 09:35 pm
@RexRed,
What does Windows 7 have to do with Bing? Isn't one an internet search engine while the other is a PC operating system?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 09:45 pm
I have windows 7, but use google mostly. 7 takes getting used to, but I don't mind it so much now.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:28 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

What does Windows 7 have to do with Bing? Isn't one an internet search engine while the other is a PC operating system?

If I'm not mistaken, Bing and windows seven are both Microsoft.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:33 pm
I am developing some BIG gripes with windows seven... Will enumerate later i guess.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:41 pm
@RexRed,
I know nothing about either Bing or Windows 7. Too cheap to upgrade Vista and too entrenched to bother with Bing. I still like Google despite its new scrolling issue.
RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I know nothing about either Bing or Windows 7. Too cheap to upgrade Vista and too entrenched to bother with Bing. I still like Google despite its new scrolling issue.

My advice... Unless you absolutely need 64 bit power computing (which I do) with video or audio apps (which you will need to buy new) DON'T upgrade to windows seven...

LEAVE good ole vista alone!

"50%"!!!!! of my games don't work in windows seven..

If you think you can use compatibility mode forget it! It is just a showcase that does nothing to make older apps actually work... DO NOT UPGRADE!

give it a year... I will bitch here and maybe finally Microsoft will learn what consumers need for a change. ugggh!

I will say two words... Magic Carpet...

will explain later

IF YOU BUY A NEW COMPUTER WITH WIN SEVEN DO NOT SELL YOUR OLD COMPUTER WITH VISTA!

I will be nice to Microsoft because I have ALWAYS been a devout fan but windows seven does not meet my expectations at all.

I realize the jump to 64 bit has been arduous but i got some gripes I plan to make evident. Email me Microsoft at [email protected] if you would like to chat.

Lets keep the ugly nuts and bolts under wraps ok?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:08 pm
This is not really a gripe about Bing but I still use Google too. But lately Google keeps sending me to download site with fifty download buttons and few are the download I asked for This is no acceptable. And, Google's advertised sites are hostile.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 02:17 am
Each new Windows version, less pc games work.... Very angry about this. What good is direct x? Maybe time for open source direct x. Errr i asked you to email me Microsoft. Maybe time to get congress involved. Funny how blizzard games DON'T WORK IN WIN SEVEN! This is not your choice as a supposed "middle party"... I have lost faith in you! If you are supposed to be neutral you have no choice to blackball game companies all of them should be served equally! DEATH TO CONSOLES! Win seven, MUCH fewer of my games work! UNACCEPTABLE! I was expecting the opposite... but NADA!

Errr stay away from, win seven if you are a gamer or need your apps sturdy.....................
64 bit apps are the only reason to go to win seven.... I need win seven for that reason myself but my games and other apps SUFFER....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 02:45 am
Yes, I have over 100 games that 75% work in vista and now only 25% work in win seven... Ummm figure it out, each game cost me over 25 to 60 dollars... So err, my dilemma is, buy win seven and lose 75% of my games... SO is Microsoft making games more playable with their win seven? NO! BING!

The loss of games constantly over their operating systems evolution since err, "magic carpet" makes me say enough is enough! Now I have over 50 games I can't play on err, "windows".
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 02:53 am
Are you telling me that Microsoft doesn't have 50 people to test old games?NO, they blackballed games!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 02:54 am
You can't fool me hover or magic carpet? Microsoft's hover probably still works, errr, in win seven....

Ummm I'd rather play magic carpet than hover.... And I still have my magic carpet 2 disk and key code...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:06 am
In other words... I expected my oldest games to work in win seven... Instead it is just junk! Even my most recent games are totally hit or miss. Win seven sucks as a gaming OS...!!!!! And yes Microsoft, I won't buy a gaming console, ever....
the errr, umm, run as admin and compatibility mode does NOTHING!, err my (hundreds of dollars of games) still won't work in win seven! And I have a 6XXXXX ati gaming card and ati chip-set quad core... totally updated drivers so the problem is YOU....

Secure rom won't even let owners use their bought products...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:24 am
I had to dual boot and this pisses me off!@$^#*(#*(*#!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:26 am
Let me be the first to say win seven, SUCKS for gamers....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:32 am
Just Google how many games don't work in win seven!!!!!!!!! I won't rebuy them... I will rebuy a win 3.1 os....I will start a movement to bypass windows all together with games then. Err you bypassed the fact that I bought games and your operating systems no longer "supported them..." fair is fair... right? I have been wanting to play my old PC games and each new OS you never address that... I paid good money for my old pc games just so you could declare them obsolete? WHY, they are less graphically demanding etc? What up????? even my old 5 1/4 floppy games should still be playable on win seven! MAYBE WE NEED A NEW SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TEAM TO SUIT THE "HONEST" DEMANDS OF CONSUMERS???? Perhaps I will write congress...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 04:41 am
I just had 5000 emails on my server cuz windows live thought I needed a copy left on the email server. So my emails were getting returned...

Errr, once they are downloaded, errr, never mind i give up...

I lost vital emails cuz Microsoft live left it default to leave emails already viewed on the sever... In 20 years of emails... I think I am insane and going back to playing Myst...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:32 pm
Well to try and soothe things over a bit, the way I have things set up is working for now. I have my old operating system windows Vista installed on the same computer as windows seven. I am sorry if I jumped to conclusions about windows seven. I have always been a BIG fan of Microsoft. When I realized some of my old favorite games would not play on windows seven I was rash to point the finger at Microsoft. In the end it turned out that only about 20% of my games won't play on windows seven.

I was quick to blame Microsoft and did not give enough thought into that fact that it could be ATI's drivers of which they are releasing a new version of their 64 bit drivers every few days for windows seven.

And yes, Microsoft is sending patches too. I guess it is really not fair of me to expect perfection from this operating system and graphics card considering the complexity and that I am sure although games are important to both Microsoft and ATI that there are much more pressing issues. For instance hospital imaging and proprietary software for high security firms, banks etc.

If you are a gamer and want all of your games to work, by all means get a computer with windows seven, but hang on to your old vista machine. With my computer, the games I had issues with on win seven are:

Worms 3d Mayhem
Age of Mythology,
Emperor (Rise of the middle Kingdom)
Warcraft 3 (and the expansion)
Rise of Legends
Sim City 4
Diablo
Diablo 2 (and expansion)
Warcraft 2
Cleopatra
Age of Wonders 2 (the wizard's throne)
The Sim City box (Societies and destinations won't work on vista or on win seven) (Keeps complaining about an emulator present and fixing it seems to involved for my head right now)
There are still a few I haven't tried yet.

The rest of my games work really well in windows seven. I would imagine that over time with new driver updates from ATI and win 7 tweaks and some patches from blizzard these games will eventually run on my pc in win seven.

In the meantime I have two Operating Systems that each seem to be running smooth and stable as can be expected on one machine. Microsoft really did do a good job with windows seven and the bulk of the problems I am experiencing may have to do with driver issues. I have my main games available yet I am disconcerted about both operating systems installed and possible conflicts down the road that could cause me to end up doing a reinstall. If I do end up doing a reinstall I will be back in the same boat of not being able to use many of my games if I go with just one OS say, win seven.

Hopefully in time the drivers and/or versatility of win seven will improve the gaming situation by then.

As for Bing, I think it is healthy for Google to have some real competition. I still use Google but I have not been happy with some of the pages that come up with a multitude of buttons all claiming to be the "download here" button.

One might think Google would have some sway and ask these pages moderators to simplify their offerings a bit better.

0 Replies