Got rituals?

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:33 am
Recently, one office friend mentioned how it's been a ritual with him to get up at 5.30 in the morning every year to catch the Oscars on television. Since we're in India, I guess broadcast timings for the Academy Awards are really odd.

It got me wondering if I've got any rituals - things I do on a fairly regular basis. Of course, you could say you brush your teeth and shower everyday and that's a ritual, but you know I really am talking about more sophisticated stuff.

The only ongoing ritual in my life seems to be making two-minute noodle for breakfast on Saturday. It's a real treat after a punishing 50-hour work week. But sadly I might have to give it up in lieu of a healthier diet.

Other than that, I don't really do anything that qualifies as a ritual. You've got one? Or two?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:37 am
@spidergal,
Interesting link on the noodles here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggi_noodles
spidergal

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:46 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks, Osso. I wasn't aware Maggi was popular in other countries as well. I thought it was just an India thing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:54 am
I have a couple but I better not mention them. I'm too pretty to go to prison.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 01:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Take another look at your avatar.
George

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 01:39 pm
Sunday morning:
No one else is up yet.
Get the Boston Globe off the porch.
Measure out some milk.
Grind up some coffee beans.
Whip up a caffe mocha.
Toss a bao into the toaster oven.
Munch, sip, read.
Do the Sunday crossword.

Best time of the week.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 06:54 pm
@roger,
that's just my getting ready to perform ritual...one of them... I play many characters.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 07:04 pm
1) Start coffee going.
2) Take something for breakfast out of the freezer - one of my burritos, or a vegetable ricotta tarte or a tortilla to use as a wrap for scrambled eggs.
3) Brush teeth, etc.
4) Pour coffee, check google news, check other news sites, check what's going on at a2k
5) Warm the breakfast (microwave or cooking eggs), sit and enjoy it.
6) Pour more coffee, check emails, weather.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:09 pm
My approach to Oreo eating is ritualized (aka compulsive). I don't like the new easy-open package. I like the three-across tray. I will eat Oreos only in threes--taking one from eat row so that I work my way to the back of the package.

I tried the new easy-open package. It felt chaotic and wrong.

Never again.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:37 am
@Roberta,
I feel badly for you roberta. Life as you know it is apparently over. Laughing
Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Thanks for the sympathy. Life as I knew it was over a long time ago. Now I get just a little obsessed over cookies. Could be worse.
0 Replies

geetika12

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 12:52 am
@spidergal,
I have got none but thank you for sharing your experience.
0 Replies