Self Doubt

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 08:45 am
I wonder how a person can live in constant fear of failing? I feel like I cannot take chances on things such as career moves, money worries, where to live, if I should go travelling , because I am so utterely afraid of failure. I have ideas of the way I want my life to be like, but I am afraid to go out there to try and achieve it. Should i leave a stable job that has guaranteed income because i am so unhappy there? Should I spend all my hard earned money buying a house, when I can save money by still living with my parents even though I am 30. Morgages are hard to come by.

I feel like my life is slipping away and I will have to be content with having and living a meager life! I know that there are people much much worse off than I am. And so i feel guilty whining and complaining about trivial things. I have my health, all-be-it, I am heavier and unfitter than what i should be. i have money, a home, a boyfriend, not many friends near by me though, a job.

Am sorry forum. I just need an outlet to my relay my fears and anxieties.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,166 • Replies: 8
No top replies

xrisxs

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 09:59 am
there were few kings in all the worlds even with many wives and all the power in the world that were truly happy. Finding true happiness can only come from within no matter what job you have. At some point in any job you find it tedious no matter the money and your daily routine at home is also structured around the time and friends you find yourself inclined to be associated with. If it were me, i would do another job. but if you knew me you would realize right away that keeping that job might be the better solution. I replied only because i read it and wanted to say hi and gl, and i care for some reason. I can only relate to jobs only because i have had quite a few to say the least. I hope you find happiness.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:29 am
Good for you for realizing it's all a LIE (that having-it-all make-you-feel-good false esteem crap)

Do some volunteer work. It will help you develop compassion for others.

Good luck, you sound like a wonderful person trying to find something worth-while.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:35 pm
@Serenacutie7,
what do you want to achieve in life, how do you want your life to be like, if you dont mind me asking?

of course failure is a possibility, but if you have realistic goals that you feel you can achieve, and if you go about trying to achieve your goals in the best way possible, then the likelihood is you'll succeed.

Serenacutie7

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 am
@existential potential,
thanks, i know it's pathetic to be whining when the world is in a major state at the minute. All I want is a happy fulfilled life, with someone to love me and to spend my life having fun with. I don't want material things, just to make a life with someone. to suceed in my proof reading course. to start to build a good career doing something i like instead of catering to the needs of retail hell.
existential potential

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:24 pm
@Serenacutie7,
I can relate to that sentiment of wanting to find someone to love live life with totally.

we all have the potential to lead the life we want to lead, so long as we factor into our awareness the current situation that we find ourselves in realistically, and try to move towards our goals in terms of what our current situation will allow us to do. But of course, in order to reach our goals there are many things we may have to undertake that we would rather not, but if you take those things into account in terms of how they will allow you to achieve yours goals, then you'll be motivated to carry them out.

Serenacutie7

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:15 am
@existential potential,
thankyou for listening Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:54 am
Develop yourself - and things will come TO you.
Serenacutie7

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:54 am
@PUNKEY,
am trying to thank you Smile
0 Replies