Baltimore catechism revisted, or Dowd on the new confession app

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 03:52 pm
I'm not an inveterate Dowd fan, but pretty glad she is out there writing away.

I haven't read today's column through yet, just a skim with a certain amount of glee. Others will view it with consternation.

The column -
Forgive Me, Father, for I Have Linked
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: February 8, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/opinion/09dowd.html?hp

There are 222 comments. I look forward to reading the rest of the column and the pros and cons in the comments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,299 • Replies: 4
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 03:59 pm
The security of this concerns me.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:26 pm
@chai2,
Well, yeah, that too.

This is a little painful and funny at the same time for me. As an early teen, I was proto-scrupulous, trying never to accept impure thoughts, for example. I read a magazine my parents got, The Liguorian, published by the Redemptorist priests, to get to the "sex column", which was all about occasions of sin, vague but ominous.

The questions bring that all back, egads. Doesn't seem as if anything has changed since 1956. Well, of course not.

I still haven't read the article comments yet - should be interesting.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:06 am
@ossobuco,
So, now I've read about a third of the comments. Interesting, I like people's stories.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:26 am
Computers now mediate between man and God, maintaining the ability to forgive sins, and remote record your sky TV at the same time. Are you watching atheists? and yet claim there are no miracles. Looketh to your phone and SEE!
0 Replies