http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,220 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:35 pm
The BBC won't allow me to take it unless I tell a couple of lies while registering. One has to click on which BBC region one resides in and what is the nearest city. None of the choices given applies to me as I live in the USA and there is no option for 'other.' I do listen to the BBC World Service news most mornings. It is broadcast here on NPR (National Public Radio) at the ungodly hour of 0500. But, since I'm rather ungodly myself, I'm usually up and about at that time.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:37 pm
I did it. As Andrew says, a Yank has to lie a bit to play, but not too much. Anyhow, the test was fun, though my results were a tad disappointing. I hate those spatial relationships!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:39 pm
Well, I took the goddamned thing, and it gave me individual category scores, but no composite.

Course, i lied like a rug. I told them i lived near Belfast, and . . . well, anyway, i misrepresented myself, so let's hope it skews their data.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:40 pm
Since it is the "NATIONAL" BBC IQ test, everyone outsite the UK has to lie, if he does it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:45 pm
Well, duh . . .

Just kidding, Walter . . . personally, i enjoy the opportunity to lie "like a rug" when it does not potentially hurt anyone . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 10:37 pm
I used the OUTSIDE UK choice.

I hope that doesn't mean just the blokes standing about outside the pubs having a fag.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:06 am
Shouldn't do - most pubs aren't anti-smoking YET though there is a move that way...
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 06:56 am
Well I took the test & scored 40 out 0f 70. Verdict,
above average & on top of things. What a lot of bollox. I don't watch the TV or read newspapers. So I just live in my own little world & make it all up
as I go along.
Web Sites I use are a2k, BBC, a few sports sites & rock & roll sites.
Listening to AC/DC through to ZZ Top & writing keeps me sane. As REM say in The Great Beyond, ---- I'm pushing an elephant up the stairs
Still the test kept me busy for a short while.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:14 am
PS --- BBC Radio 4 are broadcasting a new radio adaptation of Mary Poppins this afternoon. Available via the internet on BBC web site.
hike up your IQ
0 Replies