cjhsa

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:26 pm
This guy must be an Abuzzer:

Firefighters Entering Condo Find It Might Be Booby-Trapped

POSTED: 11:55 AM EST December 23, 2003
UPDATED: 12:25 PM EST December 23, 2003

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- Firefighters showed up to a small fire in a condominium and, when they went inside, they found it was booby trapped with explosives. Now they're searching for the man who lives there. This is all happening at the Springwood Condos off 434, just east of I-4.

Investigators are still trying to determine if this man was trying to hurt firefighters. We're told, firefighters climbed into the condo through an open window. That's where they saw the smoke coming from. When they got inside, they saw dozens of small devices, little bags and boxes with wires coming out.

They believe they may be booby traps, even along the front door, which could have been dangerous.

"At that time, firefighters were just about to start to make entry through the front door. Immediately, they were told not to make entry through the front door because it could be booby-trapped. So we were very, very lucky," says Alan Harris, Seminole County Fire Rescue.

The eight units in that building, Building 166, were all evacuated. We're told there was only one other person home at the time.

As for the man who lives in that condo, when a condo employee approached him, he took off. The sheriff's office chopper is up searching for him.

Neighbors describe him as very strange, usually dressing in all black with a tin foil hat. But, surely, they never expected something like this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:03 pm
I wonder what was their first clue that he was "strange"? Must have been the black clothing...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:05 pm
Someboy tell Jespah, i believe she's our tin foil hat expert . . .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 04:28 pm
When I worked for Haley ambulance, in the mid 1980s, there were certain residences in the fine, upstandinging suburb of Commerce City where the residents often had dug holes in the front yard, in order to thwart Adams County Sherrif's officers from barging in and disturbing their drug manufacuring processes. It made wheeling a stretcher out of the house to the vehicle "interesting", to say the least.
0 Replies