Where, Oh Where, are the good Employers for Nurses??? For 2011

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 03:05 pm
Is there an employer who appreciates good qualified nurses, I"d like to hear from you. What do you look for? The BSN with no experience, (so you can mold), the RN with 2/3 yr degree? Seasoned RN'S, BSN/ADN/NP???....Reality Check: There is no nursing shortage, in fact it is the exact opposite. Nurses are out there, but tired of the corporate abuse....we all want something and I believe everything is up for negotiation. Employers want qualified, well trained ,reliable nurses...nurses want to be paid what their worth, work for an organizations who appreciate/respect what they do and LISTENS to them, (staff:patient ratios) that DO NOT put patients lives in jeopardy or the Nurses license in jeopardy.
HMMM...seems fair enough... SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH THE ABILIITY TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN QUALITY RN"S????? This post is interested in hearing from BOTH Employers and Nurses.......However, I anticipate mostly nurses will respond.......but perhaps the novice employer may choose to learn something by reading this post....response would be appreciated...but don't under estimate that nurses don't understand the business aspect of organizations......we most certaintly do....its called follow the $$$...and it's not going in the nurses pockets.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,249 • Replies: 0
No top replies