Ireland RNs?

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 09:00 pm
I am an RN in the US looking to move to Ireland, and am wanting to know about nursing duties, pay, etc in Ireland. I am also wanting to see if there are any jobs available starting the end of next year or beginning of 2014.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,189 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 12:44 am
@rjordannelson,
You do realize that the unemployment rate in Ireland is very high, right? My uncle put an ad in the paper for two part time staffers and got over 700 applications, some from lawyers and other professionals. The situation is quite dire. You might want to consider other options...
rjordannelson

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 01:27 am
@Ceili,
Yeah, I know it's not good, but wouldn't being an RN help?
Ceili

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 07:06 pm
@rjordannelson,
Well, you could try. But, with jobs being as scarce as they are, wouldn't you think foreigners would be the last thing they'd hire?
rjordannelson

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 12:29 am
@Ceili,
Well, all I know is that it's one of the very few careers that foreigners can get a work permit or green card for.
0 Replies

1mustravel

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:08 pm
I have worked in the Pacific and on my first assignment, I did find that there is a protective mentality for the locals and any available jobs for nurses. I can truly understand this and would even applaud the approach. I did find that on subsequent assignments that I was very welcome and even sought after when I had come to know the people and their lifestyle. I do know that jobs are scarce on the mainland in many states now too but a nurse is a nurse is a nurse is not always true. I believe that we would welcome any and all qualified nurses in our profession and I enjoy learning from and with all my nurse peers. Cead Meade Fatile !! Dianne Gallant O'Hogan
0 Replies

HeavenD

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 02:17 pm
There are approximately 1,800 Practice Nurses in Ireland who are carrying out immunisations, screening, health promotion, phlebotomy, weight management, smoking cessation, women's health, men's health, antenatal & postnatal care, wound management, travel vaccinations, cryotherapy, counselling, stress management, ear care, methadone maintenance; management of chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, excema; as well as clinical audits, practice protocols, CPR training, etc.
0 Replies