McDonalds and the BIG Breakfast Payoff

quinn1

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 09:58 pm
Quote:
Woman Gets Bank Deposit With Breakfast

WESTON, Fla. (Dec. 19) - A mother of three got a lot more than she ordered at a McDonald's drive-thru. Janice Meissner ordered a bagel and a Diet Coke for breakfast last week, but when she got her food bag it seemed "super heavy."

That was because it had hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in a sealed plastic bag - money that turned out to be the restaurant's bank deposit.

McDonald's officials, who wouldn't say exactly how much was involved, said the deposit was placed in a food bag as a security procedure to make it less conspicuous before it was taken to the bank.

They said it was accidentally left too close to the drive-thru window of the Weston fast-food chain.

"Someone didn't check twice before sending it out the window, obviously," said spokeswoman Beth Plotkin.

Meissner, who had just dropped off her 5-year-old daughter at preschool, paused for a moment before backing up her minivan to the pickup window and returning the money to the employee who handed her the bag.

"I said, `Do you want to know what was in this bag?"' Meissner recalled. "She turned white as a ghost. She didn't realize the money was missing yet. She thanked me. And that was that."

McDonald's officials said Thursday they are going to send Meissner a thank-you letter and $50 in gift certificates.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 6
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:16 am
Good for her. Honesty is always the best policy.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:27 am
You want fries with that?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:54 am
Considering their markeup, she just got a 10 dollar reward. Doing the right thing is what wed all do (except maybe me)
Id make em squirm. Why did this money come in contact with my food?
I smell something really vile in my hamburger bag, I feel sick.Get me my lawyer
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 09:05 am
Suing for the traumatic experience as to whether to return the money or not....? Oh, the pain and suffering!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 01:08 pm
Hahahaha!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 01:08 pm
Hahahaha!!!
0 Replies