If two persons are speaking on the phone

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 01:03 am
one is in USA ,the other is in Lebanon .....considering sun set and sun rise as well as the rotation of earth, and that we are all together living on earth ,
So are the two persons speaking at the same time ?
Or
Are they speaking in different times ?
Does this mean that each one of us has his own time ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,005 • Replies: 2
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 03:22 am
Usually one speaks, then the other one speaks, then the first one speaks again, so, no, they're not speaking at the same time. But if you consider that whole conversation as "the time", and consider the very very small transmission lags from the time one person utters a sound till the phone transmits it to the ear of the other person as an integral part of that conversation, then yes, it is the same time for both of them. Time zones have nothing to do with simultaneity
permoda12345

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 10:32 am
@MontereyJack,
If so ! why would I see "for example" a horse running from a far way place , when I'm walking on top of a hill " the horse running " slower than me ? I mean the horse for me seems running in a short distance , shorter than my distance . as if the horse is slower than me.
What does time or zone or place have to do with distance ?
0 Replies