Will the Twinkie Fairy come to the rescue?

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:17 am
I was supposed to send a box of Twinkies to Reston VA to help Sealpoet with a little Christmas merriment.
Okay, I'm a Stamps.com genius, I have a box, I have the Twinkies.
Good so far.

Everything is boxed up. good.
Out the door to work with box in hand. Good.
Reach subway platform. Wait for train. Good.
Put box on steps while adjusting headset on MP3 player. Not good.
Train comes, get on. Listen to Bocelli's Silent Night. wow.
Reach Starbucks. good.
Sip latte. mmmmm.
Remember that box is still on subway platform steps. Shocked

Now, the box is clearly labled and postage is printed on the label so the question is:
Will some good person find the box and mail it?
Or is someone enjoying the Twinkies for breakfast?

What would you do with a found parcel in the midst of all this terror alert world??

Joe

PS. I'm attempting to send another package Monday. with me you can never tell for sure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,591 • Replies: 106
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:20 am
Twinkies?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:25 am
Um. Twinkies are a um a kind of food, sort of. It's a hunk of yellow spongecake with a creamy filling made of undetermined ingredients.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:27 am
Twinkies are allegedly a form of baked goods with a sponge cake like exterior enclosing a "cream" filling. The ingredients are best not considered by those deciding to actually eat one. One bright spot in Joe's minor tragedy is that Twinkies have a shelf-life equivalent to the half-life of plutonium.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:30 am
No!! that's a rumor!!

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/twinkies.htm

Oh god. I'm defending the stuff. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:32 am
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

Just pushin' yer leg, Joe . . .

In fact, my dark little junk food secret is that i love Hoho's . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:35 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAWAxgXPXck94n3uAiUuVsP10oI!HYY*bSXjVfEx8knIz5sb21HlDVTgh9ogkUKyigOQfofzr32*0j3Kz0nyxos2oe7OzE7fCEWyyEZh!uMqHC1cJyuoA/Twinkies.jpg?dc=4675452227003685609

dlowan- And I thought that you understood American culture. Twinkies are the "official" junk food champions of the U.S. Part of the reason that there is an abundance of atention deficit disorders amongst kids in the U.S. is because many think that Twinkies are part of the food groups! Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:37 am
Bomb squad. Definitely.

Some time after Christmas, I'll e-mail the above to said Reston VA and see if it came.

dlowan: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15423

Twinkies are like testicles
They usually travel in pairs
Half the world thinks they're great
The other half wonders 'who cares?'

Only two or three times in the course of a life
Do they really do as they're intended
The rest of the time they're just sort of there
Uselessly appended.

The analogy is thrilling:
Think of cream filling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 07:38 am
TEN FOR 65 CENTS ? ! ? ! ?

I don't know where you shop, Phoenix, but would you be so good as to pick me up a couple hundred Hoho's? I'll put a twenty in the mail immediately . . .
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:15 am
Attended a reception recently, where I swear one of the dessert trays held sliced Twinkies and Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls!

Deep fried Twinkies are also becoming popular "event" fare 'round these parts. Gag!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:24 am
Hohos?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:33 am
You get those at Hooters.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:36 am
Lil' Debbie Swiss Rolls ?

Those are just low rent Hohos.

Coney, Hohos are another product of the same company which makes Twinkies. They are rolls of chocolate cake (allegedly) spiralled with a "cream" filling, and covered in chocolate. They have no redeeming nutrional value, the ingredients are low quality, and i love 'em ! ! !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:40 am
Oh ho - I think we have a Hoho equivalent. However, its "cream" is that horrid white crap - which, I believe, has pig fat in it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:42 am
However, I would, if I allowed myself to eat such things, like the miniature Big Sister cakes that come in packets. I have tasted them, and they are proper cakes. If there is such a thing...

I would definitely assist THEM to their destination.

I love rum babas, except they look uncomfortably like...well, you know...and then the confectioners' custard comes out....and, well...it is all too evocative...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:53 am
god you crack me up . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

okbye
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:57 am
Tough call Joe. A couple years ago I'd of dropped um in the mail, but these days I'd probably point it out to security. On the plus side... the bomb squad will be happily surprised!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 09:40 am
Hmmmm, I agree that a couple years ago I'd have dropped it in the mail. Now, I don't know what I'd do.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 10:14 am
Reston, Virginia? That's where those monkeys were infected with ebola. Shocked

No twinkies for me, thanks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 12:06 pm
I too am late in sending a box of twinkies to Reston for Seal Poet. I have the twinkies. They are sitting on the dining room table. And I don't have any good excuse.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Will the Twinkie Fairy come to the rescue?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:47:20