What is a Church?

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:57 am
God first
What is a Church?
01-06-2010
I have search God word and outside God word to find out what a church means to the believer and the unbeliever to get true meaning. I have come to understand the truth is in the love of the people and not the control over the people. Controlling people because they do think as you do is wrong.

Burning people at the stack, cutting off their head, pointing fingers at people, casting them out, mark and avoiding them is wrong on top of wrong no matter which way you used to divided people from people their wrong. Somewhat someone is an atheist, homosexual, Christian, Jew, Muslims, or whatever label they call themselves their still people in that ball of water and dirt. Otherwise the label means nothing but the understanding means everything whether I believe God word or not it what I do with my life that gives its meaning.

I may call myself a Christian but if I do not have love for all mankind I am nothing it is what makes what I claim to be. Is an atheist wrong for calling himself an atheist no he no more than me or the many other labels people use to label people. A label is a label and control is control and there no love in control with love and a holy kiss Roy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,034 • Replies: 6

farmerman

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 04:25 am
@year2027,
A church is a store where , for your money, you get a promise of product delivery only after your dead. I think that business model is genius
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 05:29 am
@farmerman,
buaha, a fine aphorism sir, I may keep that one for another day.

A church is often a place where people exploit faith for financial gain. It should be a place of instruction and association. Too often it is the former.
That being said, it also makes a great hideout for hunchbacks and criminals.
year2027

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 07:44 am
@farmerman,
God first

thanks farmerman

A church is store house but not to one rich its where you store your love for others because that only things matters after death

with love and holy kiss Roy
year2027

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 07:46 am
@Smileyrius,
God first

thanks Smileyrius

yes my friend

with love and a holy kiss Roy
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 10:53 am
@year2027,
Should not love for others be on show everywhere? Church should be many things, but thus far, the majority seem to be doing it wrong.
year2027

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:12 pm
@Smileyrius,
God first

thanks Smileyrius

yes they are

but that you and me are here and others

to back to true church meaning

love each other no matter who

because one does not have to love God but he should love his brother

with love and a holy kiss Roy
0 Replies