Muslim Inbreeding: Impacts on intelligence, sanity, health and society

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:50 am
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010081111313/life-and-science/culture-wars/muslim-inbreeding-impacts-on-intelligence-sanity-health-and-society.html

Very long article...

Quote:

Massive inbreeding within the Muslim culture during the last 1.400 years may have done catastrophic damage to their gene pool. The consequences of intermarriage between first cousins often have serious impact on the offspring's intelligence, sanity, health and on their surroundings

The most famous example of inbreeding is in ancient Egypt, where several Pharaonic dynasties collapsed after a couple of hundred years. In order to keep wealth and power within the family, the Pharaohs often married their own sister or half-sister and after a handful of generations the offspring were mentally and physically unfit to rule.

Another historical example is the royal houses of Europe where royal families often married among each other because tradition did not allow them to marry people of non-royal class.

The high amount of mentally retarded and handicapped royalties throughout European history shows the unhealthy consequences of this practice. Luckily, the royal families have now allowed themselves to marry for love and not just for status.

The Muslim culture still practices inbreeding and has been doing so for longer than any Egyptian dynasty. This practice also predates the world's oldest monarchy (the Danish) by 300 years.

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity") and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants".....

Probably some way/reason to blame this one on Israel if you put your mind to it hard enough.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,521 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fido

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 05:21 pm
@gungasnake,
I hate to agree with you on any subject, but the facts are that having multiple wives, and the limited wealth necessary to support such a number of wives left few men in a position to ever marry with only a few men of variable quality spreading the only genes...
gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:57 pm
@Fido,
This one is almost a bit of a mystery to me but the author sees it as Muhammed (MHBH) having blessed cousin marriages early on combined with the general injunction against marrying outside of the religion.

Normally I'd assume that Pakistanis and Indian muslims would be descendants of Tamerlane's organization and the Moghuls but that implies at least some connection with real Mongols and real Mongols and other high Asians always understood the problem with inbreeding and forbade it. Mongols as I read it can't even marry inside their own TRIBE, much less their own family.

Other than that the fact that the thing is so widespread in the muslim world pretty much says it's mostly the religion and has little to do with local customs, over that big an area.
talk72000

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:27 pm
@gungasnake,
Akbar the Great had Hindu wives. He was rather enlightened. India with the caste system would be having inbreeding problems as they only marry only their caste. Polygamy does shrink the gene pool.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 02:54 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

This one is almost a bit of a mystery to me but the author sees it as Muhammed (MHBH) having blessed cousin marriages early on combined with the general injunction against marrying outside of the religion.

Normally I'd assume that Pakistanis and Indian muslims would be descendants of Tamerlane's organization and the Moghuls but that implies at least some connection with real Mongols and real Mongols and other high Asians always understood the problem with inbreeding and forbade it. Mongols as I read it can't even marry inside their own TRIBE, much less their own family.

Other than that the fact that the thing is so widespread in the muslim world pretty much says it's mostly the religion and has little to do with local customs, over that big an area.
I am not agreeing with the premise so much as the conclusion, since I believe there is some compacting of the gene pool among Arabs for the above stated reason... Powerful people always consider poligamy to be a good thing, since they can afford it; but tribal people, and all of humanity are very concentrated, with few actual differences... Incest is the greatest taboo among tribal people because they were so prone to the illnesses of gene concentration... Given a chance, people intermarry, and if myths are any guide they still seek near and familiar people to mate with... I actually own a good book on the subject called Kinship and Marriage in early Arabia, by W. Robertson Smith... But Lowell Thomas's book: With Lawrance in Arabia talks about the importance of wealth to marriage among the Bedoins... Without wishing to demean the Prophet, Peace be upon him, I think it may be possible that he expressed God's blessing on poligamy out of his own desires rather than common sense... Of course, in a warrior society, and the world has known many, it is just as likely that girls will suffer infanticide, and since I believe that the Holy Koran forbids this, there was no alternative but for men to marry the widows of the falllen...The level of violent expansion that followed the death of the Prophet is long past, and they should of their own accord, change their behavior...
0 Replies