Rhubarb?

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 10:04 pm
It's been brought to my attention that there are human like creatures who intentionally eat rhubarb. I had a crazy aunt who always asked for rhubarb pie when she visited and my grandfather would always say "we can't afford all the sugar it takes to make rhubarb edible." anyone here admit to liking rhubarb?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 10:13 pm
My entire childhood is scared with stewed rhubarb and vanilla icecream. Now my mom has taken it to the next level, she now makes rhubarb juice....
dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 10:16 pm
@Ceili,
sad.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 10:25 pm
@dyslexia,
One of the better vegetables. A little sugar, a little cornstarch, wrap it in a pie crust and it's heaven on earth. Cook it in an aluminum pot and the pot will come out bright and shiny as new.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 10:28 pm
@roger,
so how's the Yugo you bought second hand?
Mitzy

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 12:31 am
@dyslexia,
Don't knock it until ya try some! Very Happy
Eva

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 12:33 am
@Mitzy,
Here, you can have mine.
Mitzy

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 12:47 am
@Eva,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy OH JOY!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 02:17 am
Forced rhubarb is sweet, no need for added sugar at all.

I once ate two whole stalks fresh from the mother plant. Delicious.

I shat through the eye of a needle for the remainder of the week, but it was well worth it, on the hole.

Did I spell that correctly?

0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 01:30 pm
@dyslexia,
Still hanging in there. I bought and installed a Club on the steering wheel to keep it from being stolen. Somebody stole the Club and left the car, so I guess it did what it was supposed to.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:11 pm
@dyslexia,
I don't know that I have ever eaten rhubarb, but I do know that movie makers use the word whenever they film crowd scenes.

Rather than have the crowd mill around and attempt to manufacture conversation, they are instructed to repeat "rhubarb" over and over.

A crowd of people repeating "rhubarb" sounds very much like a crowd engaged in numerous random conversations or commentary.

If you doubt me, the next time you watch a movie with a crowd scene focus your hearing on the sound of the crowd and ignore whatever dialogue may be going on among the actors. Before too long you will hear "rhubarb," clear as a bell.
Ceili

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Cool, I didn't know that.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 11:47 pm
Haven't had any for some time - but remember quite liking it.

Don't get me started on brussells sprouts!
0 Replies