... and then I don't feel so bad.

Ruach

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:44 am
ehBeth , I went with the beautiful Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When I need a pick up I walk around the yard and think of the next growing season.
Winter brings a special pick up for me too with a new fallen snow and quietness that covers everything.
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:08 am
silence ...

solitude ...

my life has not much else
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:14 am
My memories !!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:22 am
i think about doing some project , either painting, or woodworking. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just got a new seed catalog yesterday, now thats a kick to sit around with a cup of tea and the anticipation of putting next years promise in the ground . i feel much better now

Fishin---------- a schnitzel and spaetzle alert from our neighbors to the north

not needing to go to Germany. if youre ever in Frederickton New Brunswick, there is a Restaurant right across from the Barracks museum and near the Beaverbrook art gallery. Its called Schades. It has the damn goodest Praeger , vienner, indi, and other kinds of schnitzeld served with a really good spaetzle . You only have to get through maine , so in about 6 hours you could be there from Boston. i could go there now if they didnt have 4 ft of snow.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:52 am
My dog always cheers me up, playing the guitar, a nice meal, and a good cold beer or glass of wine. Then sex afterwards.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:57 am
I think of ducks. Ducks have always had a soothing effect on me.

Can anyone here imagine a world without ducks?

Perish the thought.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:59 am
Damn! Been confusing my "D" with my "F" again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:26 am
Duck soup with spaetzle?

Maybe mrs. hamburger can be convinced to make up a spaetzle care package for our eastern seaboard friends. I'll bring 'em along with the traditional McCormick's toffee.

Thinking about those quiet winter snowfalls in the woods <aaaaaaahhhh> feels so nice. Thinking about the dogs romping in the snow, and Cleo throwing herself gleefully into piles of snow is making me feel much better about the day.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:44 am
Quote:
My dog always cheers me up, playing the guitar, a nice meal, and a good cold beer or glass of wine. Then sex afterwards.

Your dog can play the guitar? Wow. He doesn't have than annoying habit of picking it up and playing the first few bars of "Stairway to Heaven," does he? (Notice I'm not touching that last thing you mentioned.)

Used to walk through coastal redwoods, particularly in the wind and the rain, for this sort of thing. Now it varies; usually just some wild hair. Usually walking involved.

Not much thinking, though. Thinking's usually what gets me to feeling bad in the first place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:55 am
I find swimming very helpful when I don't want to think. Apparently, I am unable to think and swim at the same time. I think and sink.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:36 pm
Patiodog-From what I hear cavs dog cant play the guitar that awful well. And his sense of time is real bad. Everybody complains about how he misses his place all the time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:39 pm
I should clarify. I am the guitar player, the dog backs up on the drums. Everything farmerman says is correct but hey, you know drummers.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:58 pm
Oh, and the sex would be with the wife there, patiodog, or do you think I sit around all day just f-ing the dog? Well, Mondays and Teusdays tend to be slow....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:03 pm
Q: What do you call someone with no talent who hangs around with musicians?

A: A drummer.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
Fishin---------- a schnitzel and spaetzle alert from our neighbors to the north not needing to go to Germany. if youre ever in Frederickton New Brunswick, there is a Restaurant right across from the Barracks museum and near the Beaverbrook art gallery. Its called Schades.

Shocked Thanks for the tip! I'm up close to that way often enough that I can arrange a trip over to pop in! Wink
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:53 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Maybe mrs. hamburger can be convinced to make up a spaetzle care package for our eastern seaboard friends. I'll bring 'em along with the traditional McCormick's toffee.

Exclamation Will that be headed this way any time soon? Cool Woohoo! Have to come up with something for Mrs. Hamburger in return. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 06:22 pm
I like spaetzle, but i prefer noodles . . . oodles of noodles . . . as oodly as snowflakes on eyelashes . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:09 am
And frozen snot. Don't forget frozen snot.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:11 am
Frozen snot is good, but nothing cheers me up more than a kid with his tongue stuck to a lamp post, or a mailbox, or better yet, a streetcar.
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:47 am
have you actually SEEN a kid with his tongue stuck to a street car?! Once my sister stuck her tongue to the freezer rack in a grocery store ...
0 Replies