am i smart or the world dum

Golden Rule

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 09:48 am
@silverlight,
I can't answer your question for you, that is up to you.

I will say thank you for asking it. You made my morning by proving a point I was just making to my thirteen year old daughter and providing a good laugh. ; )
silverlight

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 09:39 pm
i was just being lazy i didn't want to put in the time it takes to be correct , so i on my free time don't try as hard.
0 Replies

silverlight

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 09:42 pm
@Golden Rule,
what point were you trying to prove
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:21 pm
@silverlight,
silverlight wrote:

am i smart or the world dum? when i am in school i do all my homework and school work pretty much with out help while what i think is easy others think is impossible. i can explane things like philosophy by my self when the class is spost to try to figure it out together. i am just wondering if i am a genus or really smart or the world just dum.

You are forcing us to make the assumption that your statement "i can explane things like philosophy by my self" is indeed a given fact rather then a possible self-delusion. Perhaps the teacher or some higher expert doesn't agree with your biased self-assessment. Also, philosophy isn't an exact science and thusly can not be quantified in exact terms of right and wrong. Philosophy is is a subjective art.

There are more forms of intelligence exist then the mere understanding of philosophy. "[Howard] Gardner identified seven relatively
autonomous capacities that he named the multiple intelligences: linguistic, logical-mathematical, musical, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, interpersonal, and intrapersonal."
Dr. Howard Gardner, Harvard University professor:
http://pzweb.harvard.edu/PIs/MIat25.pdf

So your fellow students who you are claim might be "dum" [sic] maybe far more intelligent then you are in different academic and social arenas.
0 Replies