WikiLeaks about to hit the fan

msolga

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 06:53 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Msolga, I again invite you to avail yourself of the opportunity to agree to disagree.

I absolutely agree with that.
A stipulation, though.
I reserve my right, absolutely, to disagree, to question, when I sincerely believe anyone has misrepresented the established facts.
And also the right to disagree with someone's opinion. Just like anyone else here has that same right.
I think that's reasonable.
I hope you do, too.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Rockhead

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 11:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 03:28 am
What a pathetic whiner. The right of free speech doesn't mean that anyone has to listen.

Hey Whackeye, got anything to say about Wikileaks or Julian Assange?
wandeljw

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 07:02 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I just was on wikileaks site yesterday and did not see a paywall but as I was going there by way of a tor tunnel that I do not off hand think would allow Javascript through.

Need to check on that to be sure.

According to Wired, this is how the "paywall" works:

Quote:
Upon clicking on any of the site’s documents, including “Cablegate: 250,000 US Embassy Diplomatic Cables,” which is said to have come from alleged WikiLeaks-leaker Bradley Manning, WikiLeaks visitors are taken to a page with a video that lambastes Barack Obama and ends with WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange asking for donations. To access documents, one can donate, share the video on Facebook or tweet it. The fullscreen overlay cannot be closed unless a donation is made or something is shared, though the video does not appear over every document dump.

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 08:37 am
@wandeljw,

I did everything I could think of to get a paywall to come up including following wired instructions without any luck so if it had been in use it does not seems to be in use now.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 08:43 am
@wandeljw,
From the news story the paywall had been put up and down over the last few days so all I can say is as of a few minutes ago there seems to be no paywall on the site.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:42 am
@hawkeye10,
you are pathetically funny, birdbrain...

please play the victim some more for us.

(and I have scheduled a spring trip to the west coast. I will express my free speech in your joint some time soon)
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:48 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
please play the victim some more for us.

because you cant tell the difference from standing up for what is good and right and being a victim.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:52 am
the sky is falling...

the sky is falling...

Rolling Eyes

back to wikiLeaks.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:53 am
@hawkeye10,
We all can guess how people like Firefly who love to libel anyone who dare to disagree with her would misused such a function that would keep you from seeing her postings at her whim.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:56 am
@BillRM,
yes, bill.

Firefly is Godzilla and satan all rolled up in a neat little female package.

kudos to you and birdbrain for being the only ones to see it...
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:58 am
@Setanta,
What a pathetic whiner. The right of free speech doesn't mean that anyone has to listen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note the BBCODE Editor is not coming up for me for some reason

However the new feature would allow someone to make a public statement and at the same time block whoever they care to from being aware of it.

Not hard to figure out how that will be misused within seconds of it coming online.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Firefly is Godzilla and satan all rolled up in a neat little female package.
kudos to you and birdbrain for being the only ones to see it...
-----------------------------------------------------One more no BBCODE EDITOR

She is however a fine example and the worst example of someone more then willing to used libel as a means of trying to win arguments on this system.

Now a feature that would allow her to do so and yet shield her libel from the person being libel would be an earlier Christmas gift to her and others like her on this system.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:18 pm
@BillRM,
Libel?
spendius

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well--libel is defamation of a person in print using falsehoods.

The question is whether the falsehood is false, whether we are "persons" under the law and whether our reputation has been damaged or an attempt made to damage it. The latter usually relates to the amount of damages if the libel is proved.

If we are persons I must have been libeled hundreds of times on A2K.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 04:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Libel?

Let see I would love to see her prove for example that I am any of the following things....

CP trader and pedophile

Drunk

Drunk driver

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 04:15 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
If we are persons I must have been libeled hundreds of times on A2K.

As we all do not used our full real life names and therefore there is no harm done to us in our real life and it is not actionable however it is still libel.

I really really did love her comment on my stating that I had encrypted my wife computers hard drive, "is you wife also a CP trader".

Or the time the lovely lady edit a sarcastic comment of mine that I indeed trade CP with federal judges leaving out the federal judges part of the statement and then claiming that I was admitting to be a trader!!!!!!

An edit like that would get you sue for libel in a heart beat in the real world and as it is getting the news firms that edit the Zimmerman 911 tape to make it appear that he was concern about Trayvon race.