philips flat panel tv screen problems

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 02:00 pm
I have a Philips 42' flat panel tv, model #42PFL3704D/F7. One morning I turned it on & there is a large block or verticle strip down the screen that shows no picture. Changing the channel, the input, volume, adjusting the screen settings, turning it on & off & everything else I can think of to do to it besides chucking it throught the window has made any difference at all. It covers more then a third of the screen! I moved it into the bedroom & put a smaller one in it's place hoping some sort of solution would come my way & two monthes later I am so fed up with sitting on the floor so I can see the smaller tv I plugged it in hoping for a miracle... yeah... So here I am... If anybody has any ideas I would be glad to hear them... I can send photos or whatever might help identifying the issue. Thank you soooo much for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,464 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 02:23 pm
@Hotchick242,
I bought a 22 inch Philips TV from Target two years ago for my bedroom. One year later, the size of the screen picture shrunk to about 16 inches. I tried everything to fix it, but nothing worked. I gave it to the 12 year old girl next door because she didn't mind the shrunken screen for her bedroom.

I would never buy another Philips.

BBB
0 Replies

rbristowe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 04:41 am
@Hotchick242,
Did you ever resolve this issue?
My TV has a similar Black stripe about 3" wide down the middle of the screen
It goes away after about 1/2 hour now (gradullay getting longer - was 5 mins)
Took it in for repair - guy thought it was a connector on the Graphics card - got it back was OK for about an hour then exactly the same.
Guy now says it might be the graphics driver card - sounds expensive!
0 Replies