Martin Luther was, and Protestants are supposed to be, Gnostic Christians.

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 10:17 am
Martin Luther was, and Protestants are supposed to be, Gnostic Christians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qnsTr7I04

The old Orthodox Catholic Church preached the God without that we had access to only through the good old boy system of the clergy.

It seems that Martin Luther knew better and knew the God within as the true God.
He rejected the notion of the Word of God as a literal and historic book.

What happened to his theology and why did literalism and fundamentalism rear it’s ugly head and deceive so many Christians.

Even now, most of the protestant west is stupidly literal in their reading of scripture even as it’s leader, Martin Luther said not to read the Bible literally.

It also happens that the pope also says the same thing, so WTH are Catholics doing also following this anti-Christ way of reading scripture, and ending with a literal historic Christ?

Do none who call themselves Christian or Catholic believe their own leadership anymore?

If not, why are you calling yourself Christian or Catholic?

My guess is tradition and your social network and to me, this is a hypocritical way of going through life and a good way to never know or find God.

Satan is supposed to deceive the whole world from your pathetic literal view so if the majority of Catholics and Protestants are reading literally or ending their reading of the Bible with a literal and historic Christ, then statistically speaking you poor deluded soul, must be following Satan.

Right?

Regards
DL

P S. Here is the way Martin Luther broke free from the shackles of the twisted Catholicism of his day. He accepted adulthood and so should literalists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 492 • Replies: 5
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Martin Luther was, and Protestants are supposed to be, Gnostic Christians

You use that word -- gnostic. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:51 am
Oooo . . . The Princess Bride . . .
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:24 pm
@Setanta,
I think you have me confused with someone else.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:31 pm
But you look so cute in that dress . . .
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 11:58 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Martin Luther was, and Protestants are supposed to be, Gnostic Christians

You use that word -- gnostic. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I start here and them basically follow the thinking of Elaine Pagels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvEHObMMH4

It tends to match what the link above says of Luther.
The fact that he called the pope the anti-Christ does the rest. Gnostics tend to be as bright as he shows himself to be.

Regards
DL
0 Replies