Presidential BS Translator

parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:58 pm
@JTT,
Neither of your paraphrases in any way imply that it isn't good editing solely BECAUSE it isn't editing.
JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:15 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Neither of your paraphrases in any way imply that it isn't good editing solely BECAUSE it isn't editing.

Your contention, and I quote, and underline,

Quote:
"if it can even be considered editing" in no way affects the meaning of the first phrase.

is what's at issue. Not your latest scrambling, whacko, out of the blue piece of nonsense.

You have this special knack of moving the goalposts with each breath you take, of picking out some obscure bit of nothingness to feast upon as if it's the central issue.

Did you intend that your diagramming of the sentence come as an attachment to your post 'cause I think you forgot to add it?
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:19 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You're probably of the Strunk & White generation.

not sure which White you're referring to, but if the Strunk is Jud Strunk, i'm all in, the "Daisy a Day" song is a classic, when the old man goes to the cemetery with the flower at the end of the tune, oh boy, brings tears to my eyes
JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:38 pm
@djjd62,
No, this is the grammar Strunk, dj, his partner in crime was EB White. They are the ones who are responsible for a number of generations of grammatical incompetents. They mostly affected, and afflicted the brains of US students but they had some influence on Canadians too.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:10 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

JTT wrote:
You're probably of the Strunk & White generation.

not sure which White you're referring to, but if the Strunk is Jud Strunk, i'm all in, the "Daisy a Day" song is a classic, when the old man goes to the cemetery with the flower at the end of the tune, oh boy, brings tears to my eyes

If you like Judd, I would hazzard to guess you also like Glenn Yarbrough.
parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:11 pm
@JTT,
The goal posts didn't move at all.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
oh yeah, my dad was a big Glenn Yarbrough fan, grew up with a couple of albums around the house
0 Replies

Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:10 pm
@parados,
Quote:
And that must be why you get paid to not think.

Can you get less original than restating what I say in response to you?
parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:12 pm
@Paddle,
Paddle wrote:

Quote:
And that must be why you get paid to not think.

Can you get less original than restating what I say in response to you?

No matter how much they are paying you it isn't enough.

I'll help you out a little here Paddle. I didn't "restate" what you said.
Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:25 pm
@parados,
I admit my misreading of your reworded response (as unoriginal as it may be) because I did not feel your response was worthy of my full attention.

It's clearly a reworded version of what I originally said. Don't give yourself credit you don't deserve (even as "clever" as you "think" -- see my original post -- it may be).

parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:29 pm
@Paddle,
I never claimed my post was original.
But then your post wasn't original and you want to now attack me for being unoriginal? The irony of it all Paddle. And I bet you won't get it again.

But I have to admit your post after mine was unintentionally funny on your part. I got a good chuckle out of it.

You still aren't being paid enough.
Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:33 pm
@JTT,
They're most likely all adamant supporters of Naomi Klein, also.
Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 08:39 pm
@parados,
I noticed the term "irony" is used very loosely on this forum by you and the rest of your left wing chindickersons.

I'm laughing at the "irony" of your post by still droning on your unoriginal response.
JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 09:20 pm
@Paddle,
Wow, talking about out of the blue! It's not at all difficult to support someone as honest as Naomi Klein.
Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 09:46 pm
@JTT,
I really hope your second sentence was sarcastic, lol.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 07:01 am
@Paddle,
I practically spelled out why it was ironic and you still didn't get it?

Posner must be proud of you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 07:46 am
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac160/The_H2O_MAN/ass.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:57:28