Paddle

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 02:19 pm
@parados,
Quote:
if it can even be considered editing

Quote:
which is NOT good editing

Quote:
It means there is a question as to whether it is editing not as to whether it is good editing or not.

Be less of a hypocrite.

Quote:
But whether it is editing or not, it would still not be an example of good editing.

Trying to double back so you can save yourself now that people called you out?

Quote:
Putting text into a video that the viewer can't comfortably read is NOT an example of good editing.

You consider it not good editing most likely because you didn't know half the words or what the sub-titles were speaking about. It's not our fault you're remedial. Go QQ to Obama.
djjd62

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 02:27 pm
@Paddle,
wow, somebody's cranky
Setanta

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 05:22 pm
@djjd62,
He was hoping to start a bitch fight on the subject of the President, and nobody will play that game with him--so, yeah, he's cranky.
JTT

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 05:37 pm
@Setanta,
What weight line do you normally use, Setrollanta?
0 Replies

Paddle

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 07:42 pm
@djjd62,
Nope, I'm what you "compassionate" Left Wingers call a "Heartless" Libertarian.
parados

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 07:48 pm
@Paddle,
I would say your post is an example of editing Paddle. Perhaps you should use my quotes in the correct order instead of taking pieces and putting them together to change meaning.

I wouldn't call you heartless Paddle. I would say you are more like the Scarecrow than the tin man when it comes to missing body parts.
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:06 am
@Paddle,
i'd rather see every politician lined up against and a wall and shot, than affiliate myself with a party

so try again
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:14 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'd rather see every politician lined up against and a wall and shot

Who would you have pulling the triggers?
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:23 am
@H2O MAN,
i'd set it up like a fairground shooting gallery, five shots for a buck, step right up, folks, win the little lady a kewpie doll
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:54 am
@djjd62,
What would you do with all that money Wink
0 Replies

Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:25 am
@djjd62,
I said "Left Wing," there are many political parties that associate themselves with the left. I never stated you being part of a specific party, just a generalization of your political clout. Thanks, try again.
Paddle

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:27 am
@parados,
That's why we don't pay you to think.
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:31 am
@Paddle,
an yet as i stated i have no political clout, i vote strictly candidate, no party affiliation

i have, in the 30 years i've been voting, voted, liberal, conservative, social democrat, green (no candidate appealed so i helped out the underdog) and communist (university kid that was running, buried the competition at a couple of debates i attended)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:30 am
@Paddle,
And that must be why you get paid to not think.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:46 am
Maybe Paddle is a sock puppet of Water Boy. Apparently, sock puppets is all the rage these days . . .
JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:57 am
@parados,
Quote:
"It isn't good editing" is the main statement. It means the piece is not an example of good editing.

"if it can even be considered editing" in no way affects the meaning of the first phrase. It means there is a question as to whether it is editing not as to whether it is good editing or not.

1) "It isn't good editing" is the main statement. It means the piece is not an example of good editing.

In your first sentence, marked 1), the underlined 'it', marked in bold, means 'the piece'.

2) "if it can even be considered editing"

In your second sentence, marked 2), 'it', in italics, also refers to 'the piece'. Since there is only one piece that is being referred to and both of the pronouns, 'it', refer to that one piece, for you to suggest that the 'if' clause "in no way affects the meaning of the first phrase", is fatuous on its face.

The piece isn't good editing, if the piece can even be considered editing.

Quote:

So.. it isn't an example of good editing. There is even a question as to whether it could be classified as editing at all. But whether it is editing or not, it would still not be an example of good editing.

The horse is dead, Parados. Why do you continue flogging it? As I said, that's just not like you.

djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
this is my sock puppet, his name is mr. wiggles
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P6uRdoGCuO8/TIrv9v4-ODI/AAAAAAAAAOU/wE9iXF0OMcY/s1600/sock-puppet_medium.jpg
say hello, mr. wiggles

hjgrewl;kkl;iop
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 01:29 pm
@JTT,
EDIT

The following sentence,

In your first sentence, marked 1), the underlined 'it', marked in bold, means 'the piece'.

should have read,

In your first sentence, marked 1), the underlined 'it', means 'the piece', marked in bold.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused readers.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 01:46 pm
@JTT,
Perhaps you need to look up the meaning of "if" JTT.

Hint - it doesn't mean "because"
JTT

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:50 pm
@parados,
"It isn't good editing, if it can even be considered editing"

paraphrased

"It isn't good editing; one might even suggest that it is not editing at all.

================

"It isn't good editing, if it can even be considered editing"

paraphrased

"It isn't good editing, in fact, one could reflect upon whether it is even editing."

Perhaps you should stick to things that are within your competence. When I come across something that might fill the bill, I'll be sure to let you know, Parados.

Why don't you try your hand at diagramming the sentence. You're probably of the Strunk & White generation. Might be a real hoot.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:07:16