Need help coming up with custom QualityScore algorithm

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 04:11 pm
We have a call center and i develop custom metrics applications to help us analyze our call center data. What i would like help figuring out is a math equation to determine the quality of the call on a particular day.

These are the metrics i have to play with:

Volume or number of calls
Total minutes on the phone that day
Average call length
Number of leads generated from said calls
I also have a history of all calls into the call center

This is what we expect to see from looking at all the number previously mentioned:

low call volume and high leads = greater quality
low call volume and low leads = normal quality
high call volume and low leads = low quality
high call volume and high leads = normal quality

We expect that the more volume the call center has to work with the more leads they are able to produce. If the leads are low and the volume is high then this would generally mean the quality of the calls are obviously not very good.

I would also like to take into consideration the average call length. Longer they spend on the phone generally means the calls are more qualified and more likely to convert to a lead.

Additionally, if it is a Monday, i would like to reference and compare all previous Mondays and base the Quality Score on a historical account of that day of the week.

Does anyone have any idea how i can get all these thoughts and ideas in the mathematical equation/algorithm. Could anodyne help me make mathematical sense of this?

Thanks,

Duncan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,123 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:54 pm
@Duncan82,
From what you said,

Quality (Q) is inverse proportional to call volume (V) and directly proportional to leads (L). Call length is directly proportional to leads, but if you have the number of leads directly, there is no need to all in call length since you would be double counting. It's like estimating speed by counting how many trees you pass on the road. That's might be a decent approximation, but if you have a speedometer, just use the speedometer.

So Q=k L/V where k is a constant to get the units to come out right and make a number you like to use. (No one wants a metric that yields 1.1x10-5.) Once you have the number, you probably want to normalize by dividing by the reference Q, so the Q' value for Monday would by Q/Qave where Qave is the typical expected value for Monday. Values better than one indicate a good day, less than one a less than good day.
engineer

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 06:16 pm
@engineer,
A more direct metric would be leads per hour spent on the phone. That is as direct a measurement of call effectiveness as you will get. All the rest is extraneous.
0 Replies