Become a FreeMason

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 08:41 am
@McGentrix,
So basically it gives you an excuse once a month to get together with the boys, drink a few while sharing some tales. And here and there you help those less fortunate - most likely to give you the excuse to go out/get hammered with your buddies.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 08:43 am
@Fido,
I can picture it - other than the blacks and jews as they are members of this frat as well.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 08:58 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
that is hell bent on world domination.
So...I have competition.
Quote:
they gave me a pair of old cowboy boots, they are pretty much beat to hell, but I love the boots just the same.
I trust you removed and buried the cowboy.....

Thanks Ionus, that made me laugh.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 09:04 am
I have family members that are Masons. My great Aunt B has been active with Eastern Star for years. Believe me, these are absolutely not people that would be part of something anti-christian, looking to rule the government under cover of a secret society, or anything else negative portrayed in the conspiracy or cover-up movies and books. I never understood what they did outside of charity, though.

Now that I know LTX is a Mason, I am comforted that my family members are amongst good peoples.
talk72000

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:27 pm
@squinney,
Charity is just a cover. The higher ups are in different but related.organizations like "Bones" which the Bushes belong. They can look down but you can't look up.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:01 pm
I walked by the TV this afternoon and an enormous orchestra was about to play. The music they began to play, the announcer said, was titled The secret of The Three Tools (the ruler, square and compass), a composition by award winning composers Sam Cardon and Kurt Bestor. The three tools were architectural secrets developed by the Masons in the design and construction of famous cathedrals across Europe. The orchestra was directed by Stephen Krawl (I'm not sure that Krawl is correct spelling).

Ken Follett wrote three huge books (each more than 800 pages) about the Middle Ages when those outrageously large and beautiful Cathedrals were built. Most people would know Follett by his book The Eye of the Needle in the 1970s (I believe). He became fascinated by the Cathedrals during his travels to research his books which were mostly about World War II, spies and the like. Great books about the common people, and what they did all day, every day.
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:36 pm
@Pemerson,
That sounds interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. My wife and I watched a program a few weeks ago on the construction of several medieval cathedrals, and it wan fascinating for me to see how parts of our rituals grew from practices that were already centuries old when these structures were erected.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 10:18 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
that is hell bent on world domination.
So...I have competition.
Quote:
they gave me a pair of old cowboy boots, they are pretty much beat to hell, but I love the boots just the same.
I trust you removed and buried the cowboy.....
Reminds me of the riddle about the difference between millrights and ironworkers...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 10:22 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

I walked by the TV this afternoon and an enormous orchestra was about to play. The music they began to play, the announcer said, was titled The secret of The Three Tools (the ruler, square and compass), a composition by award winning composers Sam Cardon and Kurt Bestor. The three tools were architectural secrets developed by the Masons in the design and construction of famous cathedrals across Europe. The orchestra was directed by Stephen Krawl (I'm not sure that Krawl is correct spelling).

Ken Follett wrote three huge books (each more than 800 pages) about the Middle Ages when those outrageously large and beautiful Cathedrals were built. Most people would know Follett by his book The Eye of the Needle in the 1970s (I believe). He became fascinated by the Cathedrals during his travels to research his books which were mostly about World War II, spies and the like. Great books about the common people, and what they did all day, every day.
The cathedrals predate Freemasonry... And something else... The three tools don't count for much against the one tool: The plumb bob; which more than a few masons could have used -to get plumbed up...
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 12:15 pm
@Pemerson,
I saw the dvd about the construction of the Chartres Cathedral in France, the biggest in Medieval Europe. It was the flying buttress that did the trick. The bishop wanted light and large windows which would weaken the walls and be unable to support the roof. At the same time the aristocrats were opposing the bishop. The architect came up with the beautiful flying buttresses to shore up the walls and thus gave the cathedral that unique look and other cathedrals began to imitate its style.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 04:22 pm
@talk72000,
I saw a TV show about the building of the great pyramid. They used 3 tools also. Incredible.

I found the two composers who put the building of the Cathedrals to music. Ordered 3 CDs and one DVD. The DVD (maybe the TV show) is called Innovators.
talk72000

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 05:17 pm
@Pemerson,
I don't really see any significance in the three tools. Gosh in high school geometry you had to use them to drawing geometric figures.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:32 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

I don't really see any significance in the three tools. Gosh in high school geometry you had to use them to drawing geometric figures.

Yeah, and I'm not an engineer or master builder either.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:42 am
@Pemerson,
Couple days ago I watched a program on TV on how the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid. I guess they (Egyptians) used only a few simple tools made from wood, rope, metal. I often wonder where you can rent those special programs. It's not as if we sit in one place when the TV is showing a fascinating stunt of antiquity.

Something else I wonder about: Is there really such a thing as time, as we know it?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 12:03 pm
Three tools.
Shoot, I lose more than that every time I build something.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 12:17 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Three tools.
Shoot, I lose more than that every time I build something.

Oh, my husband never loses any of his tools because I pick them up (they can be found anywhere) and put them in their proper places.
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 05:50 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Oh, my husband never loses any of his tools because I pick them up
My God! Can you cook ? Want to run away with me ?
Pemerson

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 07:04 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Oh, my husband never loses any of his tools because I pick them up
My God! Can you cook ? Want to run away with me ?

Only if you know the secrets of the Free Masons, or is it Freemasons.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 07:42 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Free Masons, or is it Freemasons.

Actually we are known as either Free and Accepted Masons, or Ancient Free and Accepted Masons depending on which state you live in.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Become a FreeMason
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:37:12