“The Crossroads of Life” (A poem)

u4yah

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 11:03 pm
“The Crossroads of Life”

As I journey through life exploring onward... All that there is left unto me to discover,

Traveling with purpose, carefully planting every step, seeking all that there is to uncover,

Not to hurry passing by treasures shinning brightly for then I waste,

Many along the way who scurry on by quickly in their great and pointless haste,

With “the little time” that they seem to think that they have claim to how is it they never consider that the time they are given is the same as the little time of all of the rest,

As they clumsily and unwarily trample treasures to quickly get ahead, mumbling... grumbling... complaining... that someone else has taken the treasures.... yes! Have taken it all,

They Cry out “It’s not fair, where’s my well deserved share” as a moth to a flame they run swiftly, drawn closer and closer to their inevitable fall”,

In the blink of an eye as a vapor mist disappearing into oblivion those laughing with heads proudly tauntingly held high calling me slow, hastily scramble on forward far, far ahead,

'Tis much too late for them to turn from their folly as astonished prey with no forewarning the wolves which have lain in waiting, hidden, patiently waiting, greedily devour the foolish impatient with delight and unwittingly by the scoffers error I am spared the painful, perilous fate of the dead,

I find their bones and the wolves sleep with their bellies full with the impatient who had earlier laughed with delight, no longer scurrying quickly... hastily... blindly... all of their treasures are now scattered and added to mine,

For it is always “now” and it takes “as long as it takes” to do what is right, do not be deceived with foolish perception of the illusion of time,

I sit at a crossroad within my heart pondering my destiny as if it would be truly mine to decide,

Sitting alongside a field of wildflowers as far as the eye can see and all the flowers seem the same, no need at all to to test,

Lo and behold, at a distance one rises high above them all tall and slender ever so tender, dancing, swaying soft and gracefully in perfect time to the gentle hand of a Spring breeze,

Countless numbers the field yet I am drawn as a magnet to the north to only one… a royal elegant princess stirring my heart with strong desires, desires to please,

A noble elegant well nurtured rose shining brightly, emanating a rare, pure, innocent beauty that should be criminal for any to ever try to hide,

Tempted to pluck her, for she seems out of place, but I am held back remembering the unbearable painful hurt of the thorns protecting the vulnerability of the rose drawing blood from the hand of him that would steal her from her place in the warmth of the sunlight of her home amongst the common wearing a scarlet flag of blood red,

My treasure... my calling... or is this my falling?... dazed with uncertainty that runs wild and frantically through my spinning head,

Considering there is a chance that this is either a distraction or a tempting lure baiting a cunning capture into the inescapable trap's jaw of destruction,

Still I stare gazing tirelessly with the wonder of a child marveling at the beauty of a thousand rainbow sunsets over a calm endless sea's flaming crimson horizon of a delicately incomparable passionate work of perfection,

The wild and frantic pounding of my defenseless heart has left me vulnerable and tender to the touch,

I have been alone for countless days and nights loneliness in the midst of a crowd of billions the pain inside me pretending to be happy and content hurts so much,

For which of us truly understand if we behold true love or a counterfeit replica ... noble gold or the illusive imitation of gloriously glittering pyrite,

Or do we behold what seems a dull, common, worthless stone on the outside that shines with more brilliance than the sun inside, hidden from sight until with much patience and caring the stone is meticulously cut and polished, revealing a rare and long sought after gemstone shining ever so bright,

And we meet for the first time our eyes exploring with curiosity as we stand at the crossroads of our hearts, wondering if is the treasure we have sought or a path filled with pain?

Just a passing?... should we scurry quickly, risk a great fall? or patiently take the time to weigh out wisely what is right by caring enough to understanding the iner workings of our hearts to know if we should see each other again,

On the other hand if we part in fear of the unknown, then do we not send the other to fend for themselves in a world of violence treachery and deception?

To journey as we have for so long with no one to love, no one to care, no one to lean on for comfort and there is no one save God (Yahuway) to aid in our protection,

Life and love, their scheme is so complex with infinite possibilities for each of our decisions… too broad for any to comprehend,

Each and every word ever uttered by the lips of one could alter the expanse of all the universe without doubt and literally reshape the lives of O’ so many… Oh, why do we even pretend?

And if I hesitate only for only an instant… then this may forever and never be, for time and love wait for no one, like a train keeping a tight schedule departs swiftly without the slightest hesitation to leave behind the tardy, with no tears shed, no not even the twinkling thought of any remorse,

So I ponder carefully with diligence seeking the truth for I do not have the omniscient understanding of great wisdom for me to choose,

For if I think I’m right with pride and then without warning righteous truth and justice prevail to suddenly bring me down low... schooling me now that in the end I will not lose,

The course of life is set and planned ever so intricately into perfection by he who sets all things in the line of the course... of course,

Follow your heart and let your heart follow wisdom not haste... for this in itsself becomes a rare and precious gem,

Or spend your life trying to find where you lost it, hoping that it will beat once more, O’ just one more time again, all because you followed not wisdom, but you followed a foolish whim.

Author: Steven George Hocsák
Pen: Dávid Yáhkóf Nünn Y'Israel
©1989, 2008, 2010 SGH
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,536 • Replies: 0
No top replies