17
   

I wish the American people had the will to impeach the conservative members of the Supreme Court.

 
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 09:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:


It's not that the majority of the American people oppose their policies


This is exactly what polling seems to indicate; so why wouldn't anyone believe it?

When polled, for example, on the recent Health Care bill, a narrow majority oppose it. BUT, when asked about individual aspects of the bill, EVERY important aspect enjoys wide margins of support and none of them reach 50% on the 'we want to repeal this part' question. None of them.

Which tells us that there is a gap between people's feelings on this issue and their brains on the issue. One that isn't explained by your narrative...

Then there are other factors, such as this being the first off-year election for a new president (they all lose seats in the House in this period, historically) and the fact that the Dems expanded into dozens of arguably Conservative districts in 2006 and 2008 - which now force them to spread out and play lots of defense to hold, which is tough in a tough environment.

Nothing about the last 2 years has been 'disastrous.' Obama passed several pieces of signature legislation, and despite mutterings from your side, they aren't going to be repealed or de-funded. He's wrapping up the Iraq war on time and he sent more troops to Afghanistan in the way that you and others wanted. I think you are exaggerating slig-- no, you're just talking out your ass, because you are as partisan a right-winger as they come, and the truth is that anger and yelling about things is a more effective tactic for you at this time than a sober examination of the facts.

Cycloptichorn

joefromchicago
 
  2  
Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:56 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

News flash: You cannot impeach judges because you don't like their decisions.

Why not?
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:57 am
Howzabout we just shoot 'em?



No?



Oh well, it was just a thought . . .
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Keep spooning yourself this **** Cyclo.

It's "messaging," and "branding!"

It the power FOX has over ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, PBS, the NY Times, the Washington Post, the LA Times, the New Yorker, The New Republic, the Nation, the Boston Globe, The Atlantic, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Vanity Fair, Slate and Salon.

If only the great unwashed would realize what's best for them...

Obama would have a second term and Cyclo would have a rational basis for his irrational certainty.
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

It's "messaging," and "branding!"


It's not 'messaging' and 'branding,' it's the reasons I wrote, asshole. Try responding to what I actually wrote instead of what you pretend I wrote.

As an example: how you do explain the fact that pretty much EVERY aspect of the health-care bill gets wide margins of support - when you ask people about those specific aspects? Do you even have an explanation for this, or is it just outside the narrative you've created (Uhmerica hatez teh OBamaz! Stoopid Liberals!) so you don't even think about it?

Cycloptichorn
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 11:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:


It's not that the majority of the American people oppose their policies
Cycloptichorn wrote:
This is exactly what polling seems to indicate; so why wouldn't anyone believe it?

When polled, for example, on the recent Health Care bill, a narrow majority oppose it. BUT, when asked about individual aspects of the bill, EVERY important aspect enjoys wide margins of support and none of them reach 50% on the 'we want to repeal this part' question. None of them.

Which tells us that there is a gap between people's feelings on this issue and their brains on the issue. One that isn't explained by your narrative...

Then there are other factors, such as this being the first off-year election for a new president (they all lose seats in the House in this period, historically) and the fact that the Dems expanded into dozens of arguably Conservative districts in 2006 and 2008 - which now force them to spread out and play lots of defense to hold, which is tough in a tough environment.

Nothing about the last 2 years has been 'disastrous.' Obama passed several pieces of signature legislation, and despite mutterings from your side, they aren't going to be repealed or de-funded. He's wrapping up the Iraq war on time and he sent more troops to Afghanistan in the way that you and others wanted. I think you are exaggerating slig-- no, you're just talking out your ass, because you are as partisan a right-winger as they come, and the truth is that anger and yelling about things is a more effective tactic for you at this time than a sober examination of the facts.

Cycloptichorn
I CHALLENGE that, Cyclo!!!
I am a lot more partisan right-winger than he is !!!
U don 't know what u r talking about. (or writing about)





David
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Based on observable evidence, I don't believe that's actually true, David.

But if you want to get in a pissing match with Finn to prove who is the biggest right-wing ass here on the board, hey - be my guest.

Re: what I wrote, if you think it's incorrect in any way, point it out. Tell me which part is incorrect, specifically, and I'll be happy to show you that you are wrong.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 05:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Simple...I don't accept your premise.

You telling us something doesn't make it so and there are numerous ways to ask questions in polls and numerous ways to interpret the results.

If everyone loves Obamacare, then how can the Dems lose in November?

And if they all love Obamacare but are allowing evil Fox and the GOP to brainwash them into rejecting the Dems, then they must be pretty pathetic -- Is that your argument?
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 05:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Simple...I don't accept your premise.

You telling us something doesn't make it so and there are numerous ways to ask questions in polls and numerous ways to interpret the results.


Cheap cop-out on your part. You can't argue the polling data, so you pretend that it's not real, or somehow made-up. Nobody buys this argument from you at all.

Turn it back around: YOU telling US something doesn't make it so. You pretend to know certain things, but provide no data or logic to back it up. Just assertions. Why do you think that is convincing?

Quote:
If everyone loves Obamacare, then how can the Dems lose in November?


What kind of idiot question is this? The Dems are going to lose a lot of seats for the reasons I gave above: the economy is ****, the Democrats are spread very thin on defense, and the Republican base is highly motivated - some for reasons less savory than others.

When did you become convinced that this election is a referrendum on Health Care Reform? My guess is that you did so the second you thought it fit the narrative you are looking to craft.

Quote:
And if they all love Obamacare but are allowing evil Fox and the GOP to brainwash them into rejecting the Dems, then they must be pretty pathetic -- Is that your argument?


Well, I believe a certain amount of them are indeed pathetically lead about by the nose by Fox and other right-wing news sources. Others are closet bigots and racists who are pissed at Obama for his intrinsic qualities. Others - like yourself - are greedy assholes who really ought to be smart enough to know better than to craft idiot narratives to explain mostly cyclical phenomena.

Cycloptichorn
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:20 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You didn't pay attention to what I wrote. I think giving corporations people status may be unconstitutional. I think giving George W. Bush the presidency may be unconstitutional. That decision was so bad they specifically stated their decision shall not set precedence.

BBB


No, making those decisions is not unconstitutional, whether the decisions are consistent with the Constitution or not. I'm incredulous that you think that reaching a certain decision is itself unconstitutional. Why don't you look up the actual grounds for impeaching Supreme Court judges.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:25 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

News flash: You cannot impeach judges because you don't like their decisions.

Why not?

Because legal grounds for impeachment usually include terms such as "malfeasance," "gross misconduct," "gross immorality," "high crimes," "habitual intemperance," and "maladministration." Reaching a certain decision doesn't constitute legal grounds for impeachment unless it indictes some other condition such as, for instance, mental impairment.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 01:02 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Based on observable evidence,
WHAT observable evidence, Cy?



Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't believe that's actually true, David.
Do your BELIEFS change the facts ?????
I don t think thay do.







Cycloptichorn wrote:
But if you want to get in a pissing match with Finn
[I CHALLENGED YOU, not him, liberal] to prove who is the biggest right-wing ass
As a genuine liberal, like a 3 card Monte dealer, u have deceptively tried to sneak in a twisting manuver of your statement,
which I addressed, by adding allegation of my being an ASS,
which was not present b4. The ASS symbolizes the Democrats, not me.





Cycloptichorn wrote:
here on the board, hey - be my guest.

Re: what I wrote, if you think it's incorrect in any way, point it out.
Tell me which part is incorrect, specifically, and I'll be happy to show you that you are wrong.
The burden of proof is on the affirmative side.
YOU made the original allegation that he is
"as partisan a right-winger as they come" thereby implying
that I am not more partisan right-wing; some nerve !

U go on to allege that u know this from observable evidence.
Re-iterating, I challenge u to PROVE IT.

U can 't.





David
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Dude, it's my opinion. I'm under no burden to justify it to you to begin with. Not only that, it's a colloquialism anyway. You're getting bent out of shape over a figure of speech.

If you want to believe that you are the biggest right-winger here, be my guest.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 02:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Simple...I don't accept your premise.

You telling us something doesn't make it so and there are numerous ways to ask questions in polls and numerous ways to interpret the results.


Cheap cop-out on your part. You can't argue the polling data, so you pretend that it's not real, or somehow made-up. Nobody buys this argument from you at all.

Turn it back around: YOU telling US something doesn't make it so. You pretend to know certain things, but provide no data or logic to back it up. Just assertions. Why do you think that is convincing?

The preceding is brought to you by Cyclo and his "I know you are but what am I?" school of debate.

In response:

1) You reference a poll with no citation, and I am supposed to accept the poll exists and that you have interpreted it accurately.

2) You consistently dismiss Rassmusen polls as ideologically motivated and yet I am supposed to to accept that the, thus far, imaginary poll you've referenced is legitimate.

3) No one has to "buy" my arguments - they are entirely free.
Quote:
If everyone loves Obamacare, then how can the Dems lose in November?


What kind of idiot question is this? The Dems are going to lose a lot of seats for the reasons I gave above: the economy is ****, the Democrats are spread very thin on defense, and the Republican base is highly motivated - some for reasons less savory than others.

When did you become convinced that this election is a referrendum on Health Care Reform? My guess is that you did so the second you thought it fit the narrative you are looking to craft.

The second the Dems shoved it down our throat, told it was good for us idiots, and the American people went nuts.

Quote:
And if they all love Obamacare but are allowing evil Fox and the GOP to brainwash them into rejecting the Dems, then they must be pretty pathetic -- Is that your argument?


Well, I believe a certain amount of them are indeed pathetically lead about by the nose by Fox and other right-wing news sources. Others are closet bigots and racists who are pissed at Obama for his intrinsic qualities. Others - like yourself - are greedy assholes who really ought to be smart enough to know better than to craft idiot narratives to explain mostly cyclical phenomena.

So anyone who opposes Obamacare or disagrees with Obama and, more importantly Cyclo, is either a pathetic sheep, a closet racist, or a greedy capitalist.

Who is the Hater Cyclo?

You don't hate Yemeni muslims or Mexican illegals, you just hate your fellow Americans.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 02:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Dude, it's my opinion. I'm under no burden to justify it to you to begin with. Not only that, it's a colloquialism anyway. You're getting bent out of shape over a figure of speech.

If you want to believe that you are the biggest right-winger here, be my guest.

Cycloptichorn


David "Dude"

It was just a mindless insult by an addict of the ad hominem

Cyclo didn't mean anything by it, just like there is never meaning in anything he posts.

Chill Bro - You are the Rightie Kahuna of A2K!
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 04:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Dude, it's my opinion. [I 'm a dude, in that I 'm long-time city dweller.]


I'm under no burden to justify it to you to begin with.
Not only that, it's a colloquialism anyway. You're getting bent out of shape over a figure of speech.
[Yeah, liberals don 't mean what thay say.]

If you want to believe that you are the biggest right-winger here, be my guest.
[Thanx for your permission qua what I can believe.]

Cycloptichorn




Finn dAbuzz wrote:
David "Dude"
It was just a mindless insult by an addict of the ad hominem

Cyclo didn't mean anything by it, just like there is never meaning in anything he posts.

Chill Bro - You are the Rightie Kahuna of A2K!
I play with people's logic; its a lifelong habit; almost reflexive.





David
Finn dAbuzz
 
  3  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 04:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I get it
0 Replies
 
joefromchicago
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 10:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Because legal grounds for impeachment usually include terms such as "malfeasance," "gross misconduct," "gross immorality," "high crimes," "habitual intemperance," and "maladministration."

So what?

Brandon9000 wrote:
Reaching a certain decision doesn't constitute legal grounds for impeachment unless it indictes some other condition such as, for instance, mental impairment.

Says who?
0 Replies
 
Thomas
 
  2  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 10:07 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
You didn't pay attention to what I wrote. I think giving corporations people status may be unconstitutional. I think giving George W. Bush the presidency may be unconstitutional.

Now I get it. The Supreme Court decides one way. BBB thinks it may have gotten it wrong. Therefore, the Supreme Court justices who disagreed with BBB need to be impeached. Makes perfect sense!
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 10:43 pm
@Thomas,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
You didn't pay attention to what I wrote. I think giving corporations people status may be unconstitutional.
I think giving George W. Bush the presidency may be unconstitutional.
Thomas wrote:
Now I get it. The Supreme Court decides one way. BBB thinks it may have gotten it wrong.
Therefore, the Supreme Court justices who disagreed with BBB need to be impeached. Makes perfect sense!
Notice that she ignored
my inquiry as to WHAT PART of the Constitution she alleges was violated by the USSC.

Additionally, I pointed out that the USSC did not give W the Presidency (nor did Gore allege that it did),
but rather W won every single one of the re-counts and all of the the re-re-counts, including the last one,
run by the nationwide left-leaning press, which confirmed all of the others.

To this, BBB gives us the purest essence of silence.





David
0 Replies
 
 

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/17/2022 at 11:45:28