Andy Rooney dislikes non rhyming poetry.

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:02 am
"When they took the rhymes out of poetry" They made it everymans......territory ? Or something like that.

I was always fond of rhyming poetry but is it really anything to get concerned about ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,815 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:04 am
What ought to concern us more is the rapid deterioration of Mr. Rooney's "video column" (from really boring to "i would never have believed it could get so bad") and the apparent intention of CBS to continue to foist it off on the public . . .
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:19 am
It's still fun and we need some post intellectual fluff.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:25 am
Certainly the right man for the job, Boss, i'll not deny that . . .
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 01:23 pm
Andy Rooney used to be funny.

Now he's just grumpy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 01:27 pm
jjorge- I don't perceive him as grumpy, more like wry. I love how he cuts right through the bullshit!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 06:08 pm
Poetry that does not rhyme is much like poetry that does rhyme, in that there is good, bad and mediocre in both. I like poetry, prose, or music, when it transmits a certain indefineable something that attaches itself to my psyche and becomes part of who I am. There are no walls between this acceptance and the packages it all comes in.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 06:13 pm
If there is any justice in the world, Andy Rooney will become the first person to spontaneously combust on television. Rhyme that, old man.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:27 pm
Andy Rooney is not unlike many of us oldsters -- a wee bit grouchy and a wee bit confused now and then. But he is still funny from time to time and remember some day people will call you a grouchy old man (or woman), too. And you probably won't be making as much money as Andy Rooney is, so you won't be able to laugh all the way to the bank.

And besides, as long as he's working he's not a burden to his kids.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:56 pm
Bandylu

I am ALREADY a grouchy old man...that's why I grouch about Rooney who, by the way, doesn't annoy me near as much as his daughter does.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:17 pm
Don't think I've ever seen his daughter. Actually, you're not all that grouchy, jjorge. You may be old, but you're not all that grouchy.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:22 pm
Andy Rooney doesn't like anything! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:32 am
but, bandy, i'm aging backwards. i was a cynical, confoozled, bitter, incontinent, caustic toddler, and i look forward to being an innocent, wide-eyed, sweet, incontinent old man.

the freedom to fart in public is possessed by dogs and old men only.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 07:34 pm
patiodog, that's a very sexist statement. How come it's only the old guys that can fart in public and not the old gals???? We have every bit as much gas as you do. Not fair.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 07:37 pm
probably more . . . oh hell, i gotta run . . .
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:41 pm
bandylu2 wrote:
Don't think I've ever seen his daughter. Actually, you're not all that grouchy, jjorge. You may be old, but you're not all that grouchy.

I am too grouchy!! dammit!!

:wink:
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:49 pm
Sorry, jjorge, but anyone with an avatar as cute as yours can not possibly be a grouch. Although, Oscar is pretty cute, too. Maybe I should rethink this.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:33 am
What, I am a sexist because I happen to point out a social injustice?! I didnae say it should be so, I just said that it was!

What, am I wrong?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:04 pm
Alas, patiodog, you are quite correct. It is one of those freedoms that have yet to be granted to those of the female persuasion. 'Tis unfair, but true.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:10 pm
Liking the new avatar patiodog.
0 Replies