DOES ANYONE SELL BATHTUBS WITHOUT NON-SLIP SURFACES?

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 01:27 pm
TRYING TO FIND AN ENAMELED TUB WITHOUT NON-SLIP SURFACE IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HAVE A TUB THAT IS THE OLD FASHIONED GLOSSY FINISH THRU AND THRU?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 02:04 pm
@TERNSTROM,
I suspect all cast iron bathtubs are sold without a non slip surface, but I haven't checked that out lately.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:05 pm
Why would you want a surface that makes you slip? Then you could sue the guys that made the bathtub when you slip and break your neck?
TERNSTROM

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:14 pm
@NickFun,
i've never slipped to date. the new non-slip surfaces are difficult to clean and are not as nice looking as the old fashioned enameled tub. I've read nothing but consumer complaints on the non-slip surfaces
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 05:39 pm
http://www.simplybathtubs.com/cast-iron-bathtubs.html
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 08:59 pm
@TERNSTROM,
Quote:
i've never slipped to date

FAMOUS LAST WORDS.

There is a reason why accidents are so named.

Good luck (and wear a helmet).
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 09:08 pm
In our last house was one of those plastic tub/shower all-in-one-piece deals. Hated it. Now, we have a shiney porcelain coated steal tub. Beautiful. I understand why you're looking. Hope you find it. I can't imagine why that's difficult to find???? We use a rubbermaid bath mat, so nobody's slipping.
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:03 am
@TERNSTROM,
Have you found an old porcelain tub? They usually don't have that type of surface. You might go out to a junk yard...all sorts of good things to be found there.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:05 am
@TERNSTROM,
TERNSTROM wrote:

i've never slipped to date. the new non-slip surfaces are difficult to clean and are not as nice looking as the old fashioned enameled tub. I've read nothing but consumer complaints on the non-slip surfaces

They are hard to clean. I have to use Mr. Clean and a tough brush to get the dirt out.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:06 am
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

In our last house was one of those plastic tub/shower all-in-one-piece deals. Hated it. Now, we have a shiney porcelain coated steal tub. Beautiful. I understand why you're looking. Hope you find it. I can't imagine why that's difficult to find???? We use a rubbermaid bath mat, so nobody's slipping.

Have to be careful about that mat. Tends to retain water and germs under it.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:20 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Pemerson wrote:

Have to be careful about that mat. Tends to retain water and germs under it.

I clean my tub and mat with a solution of vinegar and dish soap, then stick it on the tile above the tub.

Another thing: Those nonslip tubs are like sitting on sandpaper, mighty unpleasant.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:22 am
It is also easy to refinish a tub yourself and create the look you want.

I have to agree, those non slip always look dirty to me. Im not a fan either
TERNSTROM

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 01:44 pm
@shewolfnm,
thanks for the idea. will definately look into.
0 Replies

McCathome

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 03:27 pm
@TERNSTROM,
I want to echo your question. I don't like the non-slip tubs either. I've read the comments to your original questions and some are good points, BUT my beef with non-slip tubs is that I like baths. I like to be able to slide down and wet my hair and back up again with ease. Easy-peasy in a slippable tub but in a non-slip you have to butt-walk into the lying position and then yank your spine into pieces to get back up again. Unless you are an adult bath-taker, you won't understand this post. My husband is replacing my old cracked tub today and he couldn't find a tub (5' oval soaker) with a smooth bottom. It just makes me want to cry! One step forward and two steps back...
roger

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 03:35 pm
@McCathome,
Welcome to A2K. That was a thoughtful response, by the way.
0 Replies

JessicaWade

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 01:00 am
Great Suggestion!
0 Replies

hMh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 11:10 pm
@NickFun,
This is a recent invention and wasn't standard for yrs. and yrs. For people who soak not shower it is a giant pain! U can ADD non-slip. I don't want it permanently part of the tub!
0 Replies