White Chocolate cake/Pineapple Pie

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:00 pm
What would be a good filling for white chocolate cake (no strawberry or cherry please!)? I was thinking something with Mascarpone cheese but I have no idea what to sweeten it with! Also, I am looking for an easy pineapple pie my step-father used to make; it only has like 4 ingredients in it (not including crusts) and two of them are crushed pneapple and a bit of sugar. If anyone can help me with these I would greatly appreciate it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,324 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:11 pm
@3monkies,
Could you put nuts in the white chocolate cake? Or maybe coconut, for that matter?

Don't know about the pineapple pie recipe but I imagine there must be something (flour, corn starch?) to sop up excess liquid.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:16 pm
@3monkies,
You can sweeten mascarpone with plain ol' white sugar to taste.

For the pie:
Take any simple blueberry pie recipe for ratio and replace the blueberries with pineapple. Fine grain tapioca pudding is usually the thickener.
3monkies

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:24 pm
@jespah,
Def could NOT do coconut cuz it's my wedding cake (my aunt is baking it) and my fiance HATES coconut! LOL And it could just be three ingredients (pineapple, sugar, flour) in the pineapple pie. *shrugs* My stepfather died a few yrs back and he never wrote down the recipe and my mom can't remember the ingredients either! I will have to try it! Thanxs!
0 Replies

3monkies

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:29 pm
@Green Witch,
I have heard that you could sweeten with powdered sugar or honey, but I think the honey would taste a little funny in it, and I don't really care for powdered sugar (two sweet). I would like to do something fruity, but not strawberries or cherries (I think it's icky with chocolate) but I don't know what other fruit would be good with WHITE chocolate! I have a recipe for white chocolate mousse but I think that would be too much white chocolate!
Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:40 pm
@3monkies,
Plain granulated white sugar sweetens mascarpone. Just add a little at a time until it tastes right to you. Really. I know about this. I think of white chocolate as mostly sugar, so don't over do the sweetness.

Speaking of blueberries, you could use them in your cake or go for something totally unique and use kiwi.

The pineapple would have to be very well drained to avoid using a thickener. The tapioca does not really add a taste and works better than flour, so you might get a similar version of your father's recipe by using it.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:53 pm
@Green Witch,
I like the kiwi idea..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:54 pm
@3monkies,
White Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Filling

White Chocolate Cake with Orange Marmalade Filling

white chocolate layer cake with cranberry filling

0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 09:02 pm
@3monkies,
I bet a dash of cardomon would enhance the pinapple.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:49 pm
@3monkies,
Baked Pineapple Pie

Unbaked Pineapple Pie

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 07:49 am
Would you consider a mocha fillling or raspberry creme/
3monkies

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 11:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
The mocha would be awesome! Can't believe I didn't think about that! I am seriously addicted to coffee! LOL Don't like the raspberry too much tho. Thanks!
0 Replies