Will you miss incandescent light bulbs?

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:13 pm
Will you miss incandescent light bulbs when only compact fluorescent, halogen, LED bulbs are available?

I have several lights that use clear glass bulbs because of their design. I hope clear bulbs will be available.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 856 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:17 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Will you miss incandescent light bulbs when only compact fluorescent, halogen, LED bulbs are available?

I have several lights that use clear glass bulbs because of their design. I hope clear bulbs will be available.

BBB

I hope so too. This energy-saving stuff is just too harsh a light. Call me a Luddite but I hate all this new 'improved' crap.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:21 pm
@Merry Andrew,
fiat lux.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:22 pm
I sputtered long and loud about the compact fluorescents, primarily because of the quality of light, about which I am picky, I but found a 'color' I like. They do save me money and the planet some energy (I gather). I still have one three way light, and a pair of sort of charming small lamps that you tap to choose one of three brightnesses, that demand an incandescent.

But this is really a false problem, in that people have been working on energy saving incandescents for the past few years and, last I read, seemed to be doing well with it.

Meantime, I buy my cfl's at Home Depot, and the disposal is not a problem, as you just return the deadies to HD.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:26 pm
@dyslexia,
and the same to you, too, fella.
and the hoarse you rode up on.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:29 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I'd like to say it's nice to hear from you again, I really would but you know I'd be lying.
Reyn

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:32 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yes, because they are reasonably priced to the LED ones. I won't buy them unless there's no choice.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:33 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I'd like to say it's nice to hear from you again, I really would but you know I'd be lying.

Well, hell, pa'dner, that'd be nothin new fer ya, would it?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:38 pm
I LOVE MY INCANDESCENTS, DAMN IT!

LIKE I LOVE MUSIC ON VINYL!

(but all my music is digitized in a little box now anyway)
0 Replies