AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:49 am
Life is sometimes very stressful and frustrating, and the only thing you can do is try to roll with the punches. Sometimes there is too much stuff happening all at the same time, and you just feel like screaming.

For me, right now, it's simply to try to get out some complicated feelings and frustrations about various precipitously positioned things currently going on in my life, in the simplest way possible.

So I feel like screaming, but I can't. Do you know how that makes me feel?! It makes me want to freaking SCREAM!!!!

But I live in a densely populated city. I can't just go around screaming at the top of my lungs!

That's a good thing about living in the country, I imagine. You could probably go out on your front lawn any time day or night and let out a cathartic primal scream or two and nobody would hear you. Here in the city though, I can't just let out a good scream. There are people around!

Is screaming therapeutic? I bet for a lot of people it could be just as helpful in maintaining a contented, serene state of mind as a lot of the psychology and psychiatry and soul-searching and self-analysis that people do. Maybe if we all just took five minutes once a week to just scream at the top of our lungs for no good reason, we'd all feel a little better.

Eva

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:20 pm
Oh, I agree. When I feel like that, I get in my car, roll up all the windows, and scream my head off. Nobody can hear me. But you probably don't have a car, right?
JTT

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:20 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
That's a good thing about living in the country, I imagine. You could probably go out on your front lawn

What ******* sort of idiot would move to the countryside to have a front lawn?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:32 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Oh, I agree. When I feel like that, I get in my car, roll up all the windows, and scream my head off. Nobody can hear me. But you probably don't have a car, right?

Nope. And screaming in the apartment scares the cat. Damn it, I can't believe I have to rent a car just to be able to let loose with a good scream!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:34 pm
@kickycan,

does your building have a basement?
basements are good for that...
Eva

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:39 pm
Rent a car? Hahahahaha!!!!

Just go get a nice, big, fluffy pillow off your bed. Screaming into a pillow is fairly soundproof, too.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:40 pm
@Region Philbis,
Nope. All locked up and filled with the super's crap. AAAAAAHHHH!!!! WHAT THE FUUUUU—!!!!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:51 pm
@kickycan,
Find an acquaintance who runs a food shop. Ask to borrow their walk-in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes of mental therapy. Walk in, close the door and scream at the top of your lungs. No one will hear you no matter how densely populated the place is.

P.S., before closing the door, be sure the inside safety lock is working so you can get back out again.

When I worked in the food service business for a few years, the walk-in freezer was a sanity saver.
JPB

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:51 pm
@kickycan,
Oh, just go scream outside for a few seconds. You're in NYC. Are you trying to say that folks don't scream in NYC? Print out two copies of your post. Pin it to the front and back of your shirt/jacket. And SCREAM! If anyone approaches you you can point to your post. I've got $10 that says no one approaches you and you'll feel a whole lot better afterward.
Izzie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:02 pm
@kickycan,
scream baby, scream!

Shocked
0 Replies

Dudley Bowring

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:07 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
But I live in a densely populated city. I can't just go around screaming at the top of my lungs!

That's a good thing about living in the country, I imagine. You could probably go out on your front lawn any time day or night and let out a cathartic primal scream or two and nobody would hear you.

Quite frankly, it disturbs the livestock.
kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:09 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
When I worked in the food service business for a few years, the walk-in freezer was a sanity saver.

Interesting. So now we have a walk-in freezer and the car as favorite screaming spots. And into a pillow, which is a simple solution, though not as satisfying, that is easily available almost anytime. I guess people let out a good scream as therapy more than I thought. Where else do people go to scream?
kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:10 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Oh, just go scream outside for a few seconds. You're in NYC. Are you trying to say that folks don't scream in NYC? Print out two copies of your post. Pin it to the front and back of your shirt/jacket. And SCREAM! If anyone approaches you you can point to your post. I've got $10 that says no one approaches you and you'll feel a whole lot better afterward.

I would feel self-conscious. Although I'm a bit of a showboat here on A2K, I'm not at all a big "look at me everyone!" kind of guy in the real world. But thanks.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:11 pm
@Dudley Bowring,
Dudley Bowring wrote:

kickycan wrote:

That's a good thing about living in the country, I imagine. You could probably go out on your front lawn any time day or night and let out a cathartic primal scream or two and nobody would hear you.

Quite frankly, it disturbs the livestock.

Ha! I hadn't considered that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:14 pm
I never scream in frustration- my mouth is too full of cookies.
JPB

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:41 pm
@Green Witch,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
jespah

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:49 pm
@JPB,
We're in a hotel room on Cape Cod and a wedding just happened outside our window. The bagpiper (yes, really) cannot stop playing. So I am about ready for a lil primal screamage m'self.
babsatamelia

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 02:32 pm
Why not take a brief vacation to the beach. At this time of year, here on Amelia Island, tourist season is over, so you just wait for heavy surf day to come along, then you go down to the beach,SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF & NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU. You could even do it a few
times a day & possibly by the time you get back home you'd be able to let one rip in the middle of a crowded subway((ps I must admit to being also horribly inhibited when it comes to the primal scream. I know it is in there - just waiting for it's chance to come out & if I DON'T do it willingly, I will just end up screaming my fool head off at some unsuspecting someone when the rubber band goes SNAP@!)) We are way north in Florida, but for that matter, anywhere on the coast would suffice for your purpose. The weather is still quite nice although most of our summer visitors went home before school began. Seagulls scream louder than you could ever hope to so you need not worry about frightening them( especially if you bring along a loaf of bread to feed 'em)

Ceili

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 03:23 pm
Go to the airport. Primal Scream. The incoming jets will overpower any sounds us puny humans make.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 03:31 pm
@kickycan,
Kicky, I have the perfect solution. Get yourself a small space ship. Then enjoy the view while you are screaming. No one can see or hear you. ---BBB

http://www.imagezoo.com/siteimages/collection_feature_sample/swiap.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:17:41