The Country Bumpkin

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:55 am
THE COUNTRY BUMPKIN
By BumbleBeeBoogie
August 1994

An English country bumpkin, holding court in the hamlet's pub, regaled his friends with tales of his first day trip to London.

He leaned agin the bar with his pint in his hand and described how, after a day of wandering the winding, narrow streets, he met a nice young girl in front of a jolly crowded pub. She were such a kind and friendly lady to speak to a stranger on a London street. The sweet lass led him to her flat and gave him a warm meal and such a strong drink that he missed his last train.

Then, he couldn't believe it, she gave him half her bed and shared her pillow.
And such was her social perception, delicacy, and compassion, that she didn't wear a nightie 'cause he had no pajamas.

In the morning, the kind lady gave him breakfast of black tea and marmalade topped crumpets followed by a warm hug at the door.

Suddenly, the Bumpkin stopped in the middle of his story. With a mixture of astonishment and conviction, he took the mug of beer from his lips and said into the ruminative silence, "Eh! If i'd played me cards rightly, I could of had that wench!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 571 • Replies: 2
No top replies

chai2

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:15 am
This is about Spendius, isn't it?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:19 am
@chai2,
chai2, why do you think Spendius resembles my country bumpkin?

BBB
0 Replies