Fatwa is a religious opinion and can be misused.

HexHammer

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:12 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

I know, the Protestant portray Islam as a horde of "locusts" invading the land. That passage in the Old Testament was interpreted to mean the spread of Islam. All those passages can be made to mean anything. The Jews even gave up on the Old Testament and now go by the Talmud as they don't like the Christians using the Old testament to interpret Jesus as the Messiah. The more conservative Jews still go by the the Torah, the five books attributed to Moses.
Some protestans may do so, well ..I'm an atheist ^^

I don't find the one religion any better than the other, most religions have a stain here and there.
talk72000

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:52 pm
@HexHammer,
I don't mind religion in general. It is the fundamentalists and fanatics. They try to bring society back in time and impose their values on everyone.
HexHammer

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:59 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

I don't mind religion in general. It is the fundamentalists and fanatics. They try to bring society back in time and impose their values on everyone.
Think you paint things too black, there are many fanatics that only keep to themselves in local towns, and does not pose their ways upon others out side of that town, but the real dangerous is those "missionaries" who will spread their belives globally and doesn't shy any means.

Please allow me to sidestep a little, Phillip Castro of Cuba, once said: There are 2 kinds of assassins, the merc and the fanatic. The merc isn't so dangerous as he wants to go home after the job and enjoy his money, where as the assassin has no 2nd thoughts but his objective, that makes him most dangerous. (not quoted word by word)
talk72000

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 08:27 pm
@HexHammer,
It cost the mafia or any criminal organization at least $10,000 to kill someone and make it look like an accident. You have to be worth more than $10,000 to the criminals. The fanatic will kill a person for free as he knows he is going to heaven. Who is more dangerous? The fanatic. All you have to do is offend him. The mafia would have to think about the cost to him before he decides to have you murdered. He is a businessman dealing in illegal products.
0 Replies