Remembering John Lennon

katya8

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:33 pm
I can safely say that I love every song John Lennon ever wrote.

I don't believe I can say that about anyone else whose works I deeply appreciate, not even Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen

My most favorite Lennon? Probably "Working-Class Hero"......sigh
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:17 pm
Ringo is my favorite because of his big family.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:33 am
I'm not sure whether the Beatles would have been a lesser/bigger success without John, but it surely wouldn't have been the same without him for me.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:27 am
Child of the Light wrote:
Would The Beatles have been as successful without John?

John Lennon WAS the beatles.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:39 am
I saw a film clip once; it may have been staged, but i rather doubt it, it seemed natural enough. They were doing a sort of "day in the life" kind of film, when a young American hippie kid showed up at Lennon's home in England (obviously, before he moved to NYC). This kid had scraped together fare for a berth on a merchant seaman, and then walked from Hollyhead in Wales (if i recall correctly). Lennon met him on the doorstep, and although somewhat exasperated, explained to him that there was no deep significance in the songs he or the others wrote. I believe at one point he said something to the effect of: "Christ, i might write a song because i had a particularly sastifying **** that morning." He then gently suggested to the young man that he looked as though he could use some rest, and invited him in for "a nice bowl of soup." I tend to think that it never really went to his head, after the early days of unlooked for fame and popularity.
0 Replies