Do you leave your hair's natural color, or do you die it?

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 11:49 am
OK, women, do you die your hair? Why?

What color(s)?

Do you die your hair at home or go to a salon?

OK, men, same questions to you?

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,714 • Replies: 8
No top replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 11:31 pm
Yep I dye my hair, I always have right from my high school days. Im originally auburn, I have been blonde, but had to be tanned as I looked quite washed out being naturally pale, and I have been plum with blue, green and pink highlights...sounds awful but actually it was pretty funky, today I am a dark brown which I like, as this colour compliments my skin tone and bright blue eyes, but down side is I have to get my eyebrows darkened all the time so they match my hair colour ...... Why do I dye my hair? well I feel its boring to have the same hair style and same hair colour year after year. I have a few friends that cant get out of the square and if they just refresh their hair it would take years off them ......irony is, I ended up marrying a hairdresser!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 02:50 am
Some of my hair died years ago. Maybe I should have dyed it.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:46 am
@dadpad,
LOL - I didn't notice my misspelling of Dye. I wrote it late at night and didn't notice my goof. Even my doggies Dolly and Madison are laughing at me.

BBB
Letty

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:04 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Well, there is always dys and Di. Smile

Nope, I'm still blonde.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:12 am
Yes, I went gray at an early age, and that color doesn't suit me.

I do it myself.

I learned that if the developer and the color stay in their respective bottles/tubes, they last a long while. So I'm able to mix in a bowl a little of different dyes, coming up with my unique color (which changes each time)

I must do a good job. The last time I got a haircut, I'd just done my color a few days before. When my hairdresser was done, a fellow hairdresser complemented her on the color she did on me.

I always stock up on Feria when I see it's on sale. It's the best brand.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 09:12 am
I was blonde as a child, but it turned light brown in my teen years which made me look tired and pale. (My complexion, eyebrows, etc. have been very fair all my life.) I began dying my hair when I was in highschool. When I was in my late 20s, I decided to grow it out and see what color it had become. It was still light brown, and it still made me look washed out. So it's been colored ever since. I took in a photo of myself in the 3rd grade and told them to put my hair back to that color. Now it's the same as you see in my avatar.

I colored it myself until I got a bad batch of chemicals when I was in my early 30s that turned my hair green. A colorist had to correct it, and it took awhile. I never felt safe buying hair coloring again.

I have a fair amount of gray now, which wouldn't bother me as it's a light color, but it's covered up by the coloring. I've told my hairstylist to let me know when it becomes predominantly gray, and I'll consider letting it go natural. However, most people I know who have attractive gray hair have to color it to make it look that way. So I may never stop doing it. And that's okay.

I'm an adult. I can have any color hair I want.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 09:16 am
@Eva,
I dyed my hair until I moved to New Mexico. I retired from my job when I was 72. It made it easier to maintain my job by not showing my nearly all gray hair.

BBB
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 10:32 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

OK, women, do you die your hair?

No I do not dye my hair because I'd like to avoid developing cancer. Idea
0 Replies