Memorial for my best friend Robin who just died.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:51 pm
Candle and incense are lit. Found another song to hum with you

The way you wear your hat
The way you sip your tea
The memory of all that
No they can't take that away from me

The way your smile just beams
The way you sing off key
The way you haunt my dreams
No they can't take that away from me

Taken From 'Swing When You're Winning'
[ George and Ira Gershwin]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 09:05 pm
ooooh, Gezzy - I wish I could get down there for you! The wake is the middle of the day.....

I'm so sorry. Must be hard not having seen her in a few years.

{{{{{{{{Gezzy}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 09:22 pm
Much love and many hugs, gezzy.

Robin was a lucky gal to have you in her life.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 09:29 pm
Sad to hear such bad news.

Big ((((HUGS))))) to you, gezzy.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 09:40 pm
Hi Gezzy ~

In my prayers, hon. Hugs ~S~
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 11:25 pm
Thanks so much everyone. I really needed all the support I could get today and it's really nice to have you all here.

Littlek
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the services since I'm so far away and can't afford to make the trip. I appreicate the thought very much.

EhBeth
That is beautiful. I can't thank you enough.

Rae
We were lucky to have eachother, Thanks so much :-)

Lightwizard
Thanks so much. I need all the hugs I can get.

Stradee
Thank you for your prayers and hugs.

You all have made my day so much easier to handle and you'll never know how much I appreciate all your kindness.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 04:19 am
So sorry Gezzy - I believe we spoke of Robin on a thread some time ago.

Warm hugs and loving thoughts to you.

Deb
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:17 am
{{{{gezzy}}}}

I'm so sorry this has happened. May the memory of the righteous be a blessing to us all.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:30 am
Heart felt symphonies.......
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:30 am
Dlowan
Thanks very much. You're right, we did talk about Robin on another thread quite some time ago.

Jespah
Thanks very much.

Algis
Thanks so much.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:39 am
(((Gezzy)))

I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend Robin.

My late fiancee Jo-Ann also died of breast cancer. It was eight years on November 16th. She would have been 56 next week (December 10th)

Several years ago I noticed that my favorite poet, Emily Dickinson, was also born on December 10th. Funny coincidence.

I thought I'd share a Dickinson poem with you at this sad time.
I found two but couldn't decide. Here are both:

It tossed - and tossed -
A little Brig I knew - o'ertook by Blast -
It spun - and spun -
And groped delirious for Morn -

It slipped - and slipped -
As One that drunken - stept -
Its white foot tripped -
Then dropped from sight -

Ah, Brig - Good Night
To Crew and You -
The Ocean's Heart too smooth - too Blue -
To break for You -

Softened by Time's consummate plush,
How sleek the woe appears
That threatened childhood's citadel
And undermined the years.

Bisected now, by bleaker griefs,
We envy the despair
That devastated childhood's realm,
So easy to repair.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:05 pm
jjorge
Thanks very much and I'm so sorry for your loss as well. Thank you for the poems :-)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:04 am
Gezzy? How are you doing? I have finally thought of something to write to Robin. It includes what we have on our own family grave plot. In the end it is the journey. My younger sister, Lindsay Craig, made it up, but it exactly reflects what we all think.

I hope you are not feeling too sad and lonely. I have been lighting candles and reflecting on you both.

"Life goes on, I know not why..."
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:06 am
This is one of my favorite poems for things that have gone by... was read by Caroline for her mother, Jacqueline K. Onassis at Arlington.

Memory of Cape Cod

The wind in the ash-tree sounds like surf on the shore at Truro.
I will shut my eyes . . . hush, be still with your silly bleating,
sheep on Shillingstone Hill . . .

They said: Come along! They said: Leave your pebbles on the sand and come along, it's long after sunset!
The mosquitoes will be thick in the pine-woods along by Long Nook, the wind's
died down!
They said: Leave your pebbles on the sand, and your shells, too, and come along, we'll find you another beach like the beach at Truro.

Let me listen to wind in the ash . . . it sounds like surf on the
shore.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:02 am
That's lovely Piffka! Who wrote it?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:38 pm
Hope all is well, gezzy. Let us know if you have a minute. Much love.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:28 pm
Gezzy, my sympathies go out to you. My best friend died in 1991 and it was a long time before the grief diminished. After that, it was a joy to remember her. The memories would come at the oddest moments; touching or funny, each was a treasure.
Hugs and healing thoughts are coming your way.
Diane
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:45 pm
lil K -- That's a poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay. Do you think there really is a Shillingstone Hill on Cape Cod? Have you ever heard of it?? I think it's so evocative of leaving things behind, including people, and having them leave you behind, too.

Diane -- nice thoughts about your friend. I also like your Baldwin quote.

Gezzy? You OK?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:22 am
Piffka, Littlek, Rae, and Diane:
Thank you all so much for your warm thoughts and concern.

Piffka
What a beautiful poem. Thanks so much.

I know I haven't been around much these days and I sure do miss all of you. I have been keeping myself as busy as possible trying to keep my mind off things because I'm having a very hard time with all the sadness my friends death has caused me. I didn't think it was going to hit me as hard as it has because I've known about the cancer for 3 years and thought I was prepared. Unfortunately, I see now that you really can't prepare yourself for the loss of someone you love. I was spending a lot of time on the computer until this past weekend when I decided to take a break after a computer friend of mine told me that I should stop dwelling on my friends death and move on. Needless to say, I was pretty peeved about the comments and I decided to keep to myself for awhile. It makes me so mad when someone you love dies and certain people will say things like get over it, get use to it because other people you love will die, don't dwell on it, etc.... At my fathers funeral, his sister told me to stop crying because my makeup was running. She also kept bugging me to let her sister inlaw take pictures of my dead father. I had banned camera's from the funeral home because I knew how the family was about taking pictures of the dead. My father use to do that too and it was one thing I could never understand. Anyway, it was not the time or place for anyone to bother me about my running makeup, taking pictures, etc... I have a huge soft spot for people who have lost loved ones because I know exactly how they feel and how hard it is to recover.

Don't mind me, I'm just blowing off some steam and I thank you all for letting me vent :-)

You are all very special people in my eyes and I will never forget you for taking the time to comfort me in my time of need. I thank you all so much :-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:44 am
Who ever told you to get over it should have received a swift kick to the shin. It's only been a few days. Everyone grieves at a different pace and in a different way. Give yourself time and the space that you need.

Yeah, what is it about photo'ing the dead?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:47:12