Memorial for my best friend Robin who just died.

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:19 pm
I just found out today that my best friend Robin of 25 years died Wednesday night of breast cancer. She was a wonderful person whom I loved dearly and she will live in my heart forever. I would like to dedicate this thread as my own little memorial to my very special friend Robin Andrews. Robin and I had been best friends since the 8th grade and we had some wonderful times together throughout the last 25 years. I haven't seen her in a few years because we moved over 600 miles away to Canada. I missed her so much these past couple of years and she will surely be missed.

Robin had very few friends so I am leaving a link to her funeral notice where there is a place where anyone can sign and or leave a messege in her guest book. If any of you would like to do that, I know she would have loved seeing lots of names in her guest book. Here is the link to that guest book http://www.legacy.com/CapeCod/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=627548

Robin
I love you dearly and you will live in my heart forever.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,979 • Replies: 62
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:28 pm
Oh, gezzy, I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you. Sad
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:29 pm
Thanks so much Sozobe. I really needed a good hug.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:32 pm
oh Gez, sorry gal....big hug to you and to getting to the point where the happy times and lovely moments are what you hear in your heart when you think of her with great love and smiles.

{{{Gezzy}}}
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:35 pm
Thanks so much Quinn. I can use all the hugs I can get. This is truly a very sad day for old Gezzy :-( Your kindness is truly appreciated.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:35 pm
((((Big Hug))))
It is so hard to lose someone who has been so much a part of your life for so long. You will hold the wonderful memories of the things that you shared in your heart forever.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 04:38 pm
So sorry you couldn't be there at the end, Gezzy.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 05:32 pm
{{{Big Hug}}}}

You are too young to have this happen, I'm really sorry. Gezzy. Wish things could have been different. My mother died from b.cancer when she was young. It was horrible for everyone, a truly terrible disease. An awful way to begin the Holiday season for you and her family. I hope it somehow can get better.

I think I'll start my E.St.V.M. topic on poems about death. Maybe you will find something to comfort you. Meanwhile here is a poem that reminded me of my mother...

WHEN THE YEAR GROWS OLD

I cannot but remember
When the year grows old --
October -- November --
How she disliked the cold!

She used to watch the swallows
Go down across the sky,
And turn from the window
With a little sharp sigh.

And often when the brown leaves
Were brittle on the ground,
And the wind in the chimney
Made a melancholy sound,

She had a look about her
That I wish I could forget --
The look of a scared thing
Sitting in a net!

Oh, beautiful at nightfall
The soft spitting snow!
And beautiful the bare boughs
Rubbing to and fro!

But the roaring of the fire,
And the warmth of fur,
And the boiling of the kettle
Were beautiful to her!

I cannot but remember
When the year grows old --
October -- November --
How she disliked the cold!

Edna St. Vincent Millay
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 05:35 pm
Oh Gezzy, my heart breaks for you. Big {{{{{HUG}}}}}. I will be holding you and the family of your friend in the light.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 05:56 pm
My condolences, gezzy. I have always been of the opinion that the truly good among us should never die.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 06:16 pm
Phoenix
Thank you so much. All the wonderful memories I have will stay with me forever.

Roger
Thank you. Not being able to be with her during her time of suffering was truly the hardest part. She has a 20 year old son who treated her badly right until the end. Her adoptive mother was suing her and there are only 4 people that I know of that cared for her, which are her 2 small children, myself, and her only other friend Renea. I called her at least once a week until about 6 weeks ago when no one was answering the phone. I tried every day and left messeges for her son to call me collect to let me know where she was. He never called me, so I called all the hospice on the cape today and they told me that she died Wednesday. Along with the terrible hurt I feel for the loss of my very best friend, I am also hurt because no one thought enough of her to call me. It is so very sad.

Piffka
Thank you so much for your thought and for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry as well for the loss of your mother. Your poem is very special and when I can find the courage I think I'll write one for my friend as well. My friend was far too young to die. She was only 39 years old.

Joanne
Thanks so much. Your thoughts mean so much to me.

Edgar
Thanks so much. I believe that myself.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 06:31 pm
gezzy, my condolences - may your journeys be forever light! Crying or Very sad

It is only by going down into the abyss
that we recover the treasures of life.
Where you stumble,
there lies your treasure.
The very cave you are afraid to enter
turns out to be the source of
what you were looking for.
Joseph Campbell
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 06:49 pm
Gezzy, I am so sorry! Try to remember the good times you had together and also take comfort in knowing Robin is in a better place!

{{{ HUGS }}}
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
BillW
Thanks so much. That was beautiful and very much appreciated :-)

Misti
Thanks so much. I will never forget the great times we've had over the past 25 years and I am truly happy that her suffering is over.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 07:04 pm
Gezzy, it's so hard to lose someone you've known for such a long time. But one good thing is that you have a lot of memories. Let the happy memories carry you through the rough times. I know in my heart that Robin was blessed having you for a friend.

Hugs to you!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 07:38 pm
Gezzy, my thoughts are with you. The deaths of loved ones are the hardest part of life. I'm sure Robin knew how much you cared for her and how much she will be missed. Remember the good times (and you have many years worth to remember) and do something special in her honor, maybe something you both used to do together. And give your son a special hug (if he still allows such things).
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:18 pm
Chatoyant
Thanks so much for saying that. I will remember what you said :-)

Bandylu
Thanks very much. My son loves hugs and he came right over and gave me a big one as soon as I told him the news. He's a great kid :-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:32 pm
{{{{gezzy}}}}}}
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:35 pm
Gezzy, what a sad thing, losing someone you care about so much. I'm a candle-lighter, so tonight's will be for you and Robin. Maybe a Jennifer Warnes song to hum along with ( i sing/hum a lot when i'm tired/sad/sick)

all your life love's hurt you
turned you out then burnt you
held you high off the ground
you touched the moon
then it dropped you down
I know your heart's been broken
trust don't come so easily
it takes time, that's all right
just let me heal your heart tonight

I will rock you gently
I will be there when the night comes down
I will rock you so gently
I'm gonna rock you gently
I will be there when the morning comes
I will rock you, rock you
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:44 pm
Margo
Thanks. I needed that.

EhBeth
Thank you so much. That was beautiful and I will light my candle with you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Memorial for my best friend Robin who just died.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:06:05