SO HILARIOUS I CAN'T BEAR IT ! ! !

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:12 am
I've just heard the most hilarious story on CBC. Police got tipped off to a grow-op in BC (marijuana grow operation), but when they showed up to bust the place, they found ten or more black bears, who proceeded to snuggle up to the police cruisers. They found dog food scattered around the grow op, and suspect that the people operating the grow op "habituated" the bears to the area by leaving food out for them. There is, apparently, a criminal element who will descend on a grow op in the night, ripping off the plants, and anything else they can get their hands on. The police believe that the dog food was left out to attract the bears, in order to prevent such a rip off.

Sadly, if they stop feeding the bears, the bears will probably become a dangerous nuisance, and it will be necessary to destroy them. I'll go see if i can find a link for this story.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 636 • Replies: 5
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:15 am
A grizzly situation
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:15 am
@Setanta,
saw the story on the news, the cops had pictures of themselves with the bears just kind of wandering around in the back ground
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:17 am
@Setanta,
Ah, this is old news to us BC'ers.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/08/17/bc-marijuana-grow-op-bears.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/black+bears+found+guarding+grow/3414755/story.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:19 am
The CBC story

This just gets weirder and weirder--the reefer seized at this grow op was then stolen from the RCMP.

This is the story about the danger from these bears.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:20 am
Bad Chai . . . no animal crackers for you.

Reyn, i just heard it, and i cracked up. I am dismayed, though, to think the bears might be destroyed.
0 Replies