Jimmy Carter sent on A Hostage Run

JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
How about we stick a little more closer to the primary subject?

You've raised the issue yourself, many times, and again, it's this stunning hypocrisy pointing fingers at other countries when there is plenty wrong at home, including this VERY issue.

Here is that same hypocrisy raising its ugly head once more;

Quote:
Given the history of both North Korean and Jimmy Carter behaviour the White House Damn well should be jittery.

As I mentioned, you don't know history, you only know the relentless propaganda that you are constantly fed by your government.

Why would anyone, with half a brain, fault Jimmy Carter for reaching peaceful solutions? That just doesn't sit well with Americans, does it? Where's the profit in peace?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:19 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Why would anyone, with half a brain, fault Jimmy Carter for reaching peaceful solutions? That just doesn't sit well with Americans, does it? Where's the profit in peace?
Umm, Wielding power effectively and being feared is a better prophylactic than is being the nice guy peace maker, surely you are not so dense as to not understand this...Jimmy Carter has been generally ineffective and not good for America. He is a nice guy who tries to do good works, fabulous, he would have made a good clergyman. What a waste for him to go into a profession that he was not suited for.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:27 pm
It is 130pm local, and no word of travel plans. Did anyone notice that the top banana decided to not stick around? He is in China. Nicely drives home that while Jimmy Carter might be a nice guy he is not worth the Dear Leader's time.
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
You don't have half a brain if you think American foreign policy has worked or you think there has been anything remotely resembling "effective".

American foreign policy will never work because it is designed to steal a much larger share of the resources of the world than it deserves. Policies based on rapacious greed are not effective policies.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:30 pm
@JTT,
You piss all over America, but we have done pretty well for ourselves buddy. I have a lot of contempt for the idiots who let America rot so quickly, but I am damn proud of what we have done over the last couple hundred years.
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You piss all over America, but we have done pretty well for ourselves buddy. I have a lot of contempt for the idiots who let America rot so quickly, but I am damn proud of what we have done over the last couple hundred years.

No, you let vermin piss all over what America was supposed to be. It's idiots like you that is allowing this rot to happen. You stand idle while you have presidential administrations that are nothing but a bunch of feckless criminals, domestic and international.

How could a sane human being be damn proud of 6 million innocent people murdered simply to line the pockets of a few Americans. How could a sane human being be proud of,

Quote:
I don't mean to abuse you with verbal violence, but you have to understand what your government and its agents are doing. They go into villages, they haul out families. With the children forced to watch they castrate the father, they peel the skin off his face, they put a grenade in his mouth and pull the pin. With the children forced to watch they gang-rape the mother, and slash her breasts off. And sometimes for variety, they make the parents watch while they do these things to the children.

This is nobody's propaganda. There have been over 100,000 American witnesses for peace who have gone down there and they have filmed and photographed and witnessed these atrocities immediately after they've happened, and documented 13,000 people killed this way, mostly women and children. These are the activities done by these contras. The contras are the people president Reagan calls `freedom fighters'. He says they're the moral equivalent of our founding fathers. And the whole world gasps at this confession of his family traditions.

They've fucked you out of your share, Hawk but you're still in there pitchin' for them. What a ******* idiot you are, eh? All this rape, murder and torture done with your tax dollars and you haven't got your cut.

All they gave you is a little flag to wave and some empty phrases to mouth.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Did anyone notice that the top banana decided to not stick around? He is in China. Nicely drives home that while Jimmy Carter might be a nice guy he is not worth the Dear Leader's time

And apparently he took his kid, the heir apparent. HA! point taken....Poor Jimmy Carter is relegated to the bureaucrats. Those North Koreans are crafty little men, you gotta give them that..
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Taken to talking to yourself, eh, Hawk? Have you reached any sort of agreement yet?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:11 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Taken to talking to yourself, eh, Hawk? Have you reached any sort of agreement yet?
We are talking about the North Koreans here, so who the **** knows?? Have they humiliated the Peanut Farmer enough now or is there more to this show?? I am on the edge of my seat!
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:21 am
It is almost 430 in the afternoon, and so far n0 announcement of a happy ending..

Tick-Tock

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 06:01 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Are you so disparaging to everyone you disagree with?

Nope, just Jimmy Carter and you. What, I haven't disparaged you yet? Give me time and I'm sure I'll get around to it. But now that I think about it, there are probably a few others I would disparage also for not agreeing with me. Dang, now you're gonna make me go make a list. (BTW, I voted for Carter way back when, just so's you know. Had high hopes for the guy. He was just a lousy president. And that seems to be the overall general concensus from what I have read.)

Quote:
Carter was the most decent human being ever to be president.

Actually, I can almost agree with this statement. I think he was (and is) a decent human being. But I maintain he was (and is) a joke as a politician.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 06:25 am
Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea – On Day 2 of Jimmy Carter's journey to North Korea, there was no sign Thursday that the former American president had succeeded in securing the release of a Boston man jailed in the country since January.

Carter was making a private humanitarian visit to negotiate the release of Aijalon Gomes, sentenced to eight years of hard labor in a North Korean prison and fined some $700,000 for entering the country illegally from China, U.S. officials said.

There was no indication Thursday that Gomes was free. Carter, originally slated to depart Thursday, according to U.S. officials, appeared to have extended his trip by at least a day, South Korea's YTN television reported in Seoul.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100826/ap_on_re_as/as_nkorea_carter_18

How utterly predictable that the Koreans would make Carter cool his heals, and that Carter would do it like a good boy, even after being humiliated by the Dear Leader ditching him for the Chinese. Whom ever at the White House told the press the return schedule should be fired, as this humiliation of America is totally self inflicted.
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 09:48 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We are talking about the North Koreans here, so who the **** knows??

Who better to know than the guy who's talking to himself whether he's reached an agreement with himself, unless he is completely bonkers which isn't something we can totally discount.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 09:52 am
@CoastalRat,
Quote:
But I maintain he was (and is) a joke as a politician.

You may be right, CR. These politicians don't seem to be able to get sweet tweet done and yet hasn't Jimmy Carter done this sort of thing before and got a lot accomplished, you know like opening actual dialogs with countries instead of instigating terrorist actions against them, bombing them, or training others to torture, rape and murder them.

Have we heard from you on Reagan, Bush and Bush as politicians?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 09:54 am
@JTT,
Quote:
opening actual dialogs with countries instead of instigating terrorist actions against them, bombing them, or training others to torture, rape and murder them.

I suspect this is exactly what Coastal Rat thinks is a joke.

JTT

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:12 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
and that Carter would do it like a good boy,

Jimmy Carter isn't a petulant child, unlike many of your other prezes. He's an adult. Grow up, Hawkeye, y'all aren't the most important things on the planet though you sure do think you are.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:15 am
so, can you really be hostage of you went somewhere you weren't supposed to go, knowing that if you did they'd arrest and hold you

i mean i'm just asking is all
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I suspect this is exactly what Coastal Rat thinks is a joke.

What you "suspect" about my thoughts is absolutely irrelevant to me (and I would guess to most others on here.)

Quote:
Have we heard from you on Reagan, Bush and Bush as politicians?

As far as my thoughts on the other named presidents, while I have things that bother me about each one, I do not think they were jokes as politicians. Although the most recent Bush was borderline. And just to add another recent president to your list, I do not think Clinton was a joke as a politician. I actually think he was and is a very good politician even though I did not vote for him either time. The jury is still out on my opinion of Obama. I abhor most of his policies, but having a policy difference is not the same thing as my opinion of their political ability.

JTT

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:48 am
@CoastalRat,
Quote:
As far as my thoughts on the other named presidents, while I have things that bother me about each one, I do not think they were jokes as politicians. Although the most recent Bush was borderline.

I have to agree with you, they were politicians thru and thru. What's so surprising is that as stupid as they were, two of 'em for sure, they were able to dupe huge numbers of Americans, it seems you included.

BB&R were criminals of the highest order, something you seem reluctant to discuss.

And "Bush was borderline", Jesus Murphy, he was the most incompetent person to ever hold office, anywhere. He gave a whole new meaning to incompetent.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:59 am
@JTT,
Ah well, I guess you're right JTT. I was duped. If only I would become a liberal and come into the light will I then become all-knowing and see that only democrats are pure as the driven snow in their politics and their motives.