Neutered male cate humping my spayed cat

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 03:05 pm
PLease help! I cannot seem to stop my male 3 year old neutered cat from humping my female 7 month old spayed female cat Confused Confused . She has been spayed for 3 months and he just starting doing it. And she just lays there like a passive victim. Any advice??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,878 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:45 pm
Welcome to A2K.

Cats are not tractable animals. Why not let them have their impotent romantic relationship? You can always pretend to be either unaware of what is going on or capable of ignoring futility.
0 Replies

Fritz777

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:53 pm
Only problem is she tries to get away and he bites her and will not let her go.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 06:51 pm
That's a feline tradition. Let me guess - he's holding the scruff of her neck with his teeth. Ignore it or face at least one neurotic cat.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 07:49 pm
It's a natural feline reaction. He just wants to show his superiority. Gotta be alpha male, if he stops then she might hurt him.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:04 pm
welcome fritz : our local newspaper runs a vet advice column weekly. your question has come up several times. the vet explained that just because a cat (or dog - or man ???) gets neutered does not mean that the male looses all attributes of being a male animal. if the male is overly aggressive hormone treatments could be considered, but these may cause other undesirable side effects. perhaps you may need a bigger female cat who'll pound the heck out of the poor male. not really a solution, is it ? OUCH ! hbg
0 Replies