do you still wear a watch?

aimmobile

Thu 19 Aug, 2010 02:11 am
yes, i do wear a watch. It always keeps me in time. It reminds we what time it is and what date it is.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 01:39 pm
No, I don't wear a watch anymore, but I do own 3: bright red bracelet style, goldtone stretch band, green leather one. I don't even wear my wedding band anymore - too small. My diamond engagement ring is getting too small also. Sure must have had small hands at one time. My husband rarely wears his watch (too heavy) and he lost his gold wedding band in the garden. So, we appear unwed. That causes a problem now and then.

But, we keep clocks all over the house, including the bathrooms.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 02:22 pm
The last three times somebody gave me a watch, the wristband was too small. The watches lay in drawers until they eventually got removed.
Eva

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 02:35 pm
My name is Eva, and I am a watch-wearer.

It all started when I was 8 years old......
ossobuco

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 02:53 pm
@Eva,
Mine too - I had a Mickey Mouse watch. Ugly thing..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:49 am
@Eva,
I'm even looking for a new watch just now. (Unfortunately, all I'll like are in the range of $500+ - so I'll try the duty free shops next months ....)
Got my first very own at the age of 9, at my communion (before that, only an old one from grandpa)
Linkat

Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:05 pm
@dyslexia,
Yes I do and it is also a jewerly piece as well. I like watches that look like pieces of jewerly.
0 Replies

Khethil

Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:15 pm
@dyslexia,
Not since I retired... and it feels GOOD!
0 Replies

aimmobile

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:20 am
@realjohnboy,
I always wear a wrist watch with me whenever I go out.
0 Replies

littlek

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:15 pm
I always thought I was an odd-ball for not wearing a watch. Guess I'm in good company. I wore a watch regularly for all of 2 years in my life (college). There's a clock in my car, a clock in my house (now there are many), a clock on my cell phone, a clock at work.......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, Edgarb, my man's fossil watch is way too big for me (besides being garish faux golden). It's yours for free if you'll only visit us again.. (trying to picture you wearing it, almost as strange as me wearing it). Why did I buy the thing - the woman's watch was too damned dinky. (I've gotten thinner, I should take out one or two of the connector things.)

I had an early-ish fossil watch that had a certain silvery weathered look and roman numerals, which I liked at the time. It was in my car when I went into a chain type shop to get a new car radio all those year's ago. And gone after I drove away. Nah, they didn't know anything. So, I've a soft spot for fossil watches.
edgarblythe

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, if I can ever get out there, I just might hold you to that. Onliest thing, it's not gonna fit on my wrist. I would have to order a larger band.
ossobuco

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll have to measure the clunker.

Just looked harder at it. But I remember that one can add and subtract the connector thingies. I'll make inquiries.

Oh, and it's not thaaaaat garish. I have this tendency to exaggerate.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:02 pm
I've just studied Fossil referring sites, oy vey, so much for design savvy. I do see I bought this somewhere around late 2004, by looking at the info in the small tin box, which I kept since I like small tin boxes. I think this is a lost cause.
So it goes.

Well, hey, c'mon over anyway, and try some of our local paletas..

Diane and I took Walter to La Michoacana, home of superior paletas (and apparently lunch stuff).
http://www.dukecityfix.com/profiles/blogs/as-the-days-get-warmer-try-la?xg_source=activity
Walter didn't take many pictures (surely a temptation) as there was a nice big family in there not to disturb.

I chose, after much trouble, uno(?) pistacho, and walter, a pecan, and diane, a mango and whipped cream thing.
I swear, my pistacho bar was one of the best things I ever tasted. Among other matters, it didn't drool down my arm as I was trying to eat it. These folks know what they are doing.

I wish them success in the wide world, but, on the other hand, I like the place as it is.
Maybe they can write a Paleta Book. I'd be for that.
edgarblythe

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@ossobuco,
It all comes down to I can't afford to make any trips these days. I would love it, but -
ossobuco

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, on investigation, I see they are now in Houston too.

I see no place to just tell them I like them online. Not that I know I'd like the place in Houston.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me either.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 25 Sep, 2010 08:39 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I'm even looking for a new watch just now. (Unfortunately, all I'll like are in the range of $500+ - so I'll try the duty free shops next months ....)

I did buy a new watch in the USA two weeks ago: 25% off due to sales plus 15% off due to signing the ****'s-card (which I actually didn't).
And it's the watch I was looking for: just time (twice) and date (perpetual), solar-powered ...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Sat 25 Sep, 2010 09:38 am
@dyslexia,
I have a wrist watch and a pocket watch. Don't use either. My Blackberry gives me the time and controls my entire schedule.
0 Replies

Ceili

Sat 25 Sep, 2010 09:44 am
I love watches but sadly cannot wear them. Kill them, one and all. Apparently I'm electric. lol
I've got a box of them. One day, I'll make a montage.
0 Replies