Nugent Guilty of Hunting Violations?

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:01 pm

Ted Nugent charged with 11 deer hunting violations in California
Matt Weiser - The Sacramento Bee Rock star Ted Nugent, a 1970s guitar hero for hits including "Cat Scratch Fever," has recently created a successful second career as an advocate for hunting and outdoor ethics.

His television show, "Spirit of the Wild," is a four-time "Golden Moose" award winner on the Outdoor Channel. He has used his celebrity status to help promote better pay and working conditions for California game wardens, and consistently rails against poachers and other wildlife criminals.

So it was with a double take of disbelief that two California game wardens sat down in February to watch the show, and witnessed Nugent allegedly violate several California hunting laws.

The Feb. 9 episode showed Nugent killing a young male deer with bow and arrow near the El Dorado County town of Somerset.

The wardens were alarmed because the footage appeared to show Nugent killing a "spike" buck, or one whose antlers have not yet grown long enough to fork. Killing such a young deer is illegal in California.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/18/1397203/ted-nugent-charged-with-11-deer.html#ixzz0x091Rps7
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,427 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
yeah, he's a sportsman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:38 am
I don't see a thing wrong with actual hunting, if done in an ethical way. I used to do a little of it myself. This guy Nugent crosses the line.
0 Replies