tattoo ideas

twinkM

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 05:31 pm
Has anyone any good ideas for tattoos....ive got an 8 yr old daughter and i would like 2 get something nice but i think its kinda tacky 2 just get her name writen, so would like something a bit different if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,288 • Replies: 9
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 05:40 pm
@twinkM,
Please don't take this personally but are you a female or male?

You are vague in this demographic revelation. It's an important question because one can tailor an appropriate tattoo ideas for this personal project.

Where will this tattoo be placed? [Ankle, neck, wrist, etc...?] How large are you looking for ... tattoo wise?
twinkM

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:57 am
@tsarstepan,
im female want it on the back of my neck, not 2 big maybe about 5 inchs, so wat do think?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:18 am
@twinkM,
An idea that might be considered cute ... does your daughter have a favorite doll she really loves or perhaps a teddy bear?

I'd avoid electronic toys that might be considered obsolete in a few years or so and go with a classic symbol associated with the child's childhood.

Then perhaps you can have a small tattoo that's modeled after this toy with say a scrolled banner above and below the toy tattoo with the words Love and (your daughters' name) each in their respective banner.

I'd personally stay away from cartoon hearts or photographic portraits of your daughter's face. Hearts are too common and the latter is just plain creepy.

The major question that needs to be answered mow is do you have a competent tattoo artist that can pull off the job and do it well and also just won't sell you a slightly customized clip art that everyone in the world can get.
twinkM

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
that really sounds nice stepan ty and im looking into tattoo artists at the minute ive seen 1 but he had no original ideas just my daughters name in latin and which is abeo and i wasnt fond of it, so im actually seein him 2moro so will ask him 2 draw what u suggested up 4 me and see how it looks...i will keep u informed and tanx again Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:59 pm
@twinkM,
Good luck! http://i45.tinypic.com/2wlyf45.jpg
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:36 am
Isn't eight a little young for tats? It's her body, and might it not be better for her to decide when she is older whether she even wants one and what it would be?
sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:25 am
@jgweed,
I think the idea is that the mom would get a tattoo that celebrates her love for her 8-year-old daughter...

I agree with Tsar to stay away from the faces. I have a friend who is a really skilled tattoo artist and I've seen him do some great faces so it CAN be done, but he charges a premium and I've seen so many faces that were badly done. Especially ones with smiles showing teeth! Teeth seem to be really hard to do for some reason. Saw one at the State Fair recently that looked like some sort of zombie... I don't think that was the intended effect.
twinkM

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 03:35 pm
@jgweed,
haha nah the tattoo is 4 me Smile
0 Replies

twinkM

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@sozobe,
nah i dont want her face like i dont think they look very pretty on girls....ive decided 2 go with her name and date of birth in celtic writing it will be small so hoping it will look nice, thank 4 the reply Smile
0 Replies