Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 06:16 pm
Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?

God created sin, evil and iniquity along with all things.

Ephesians 3:8-10
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

.Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Ezekiel 28:15 (King James Version)
15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

-------------------------

There seems to be something wrong with the logic of these verses.

Was God surprised to find what He had created?

We are told that perfection begets perfection in a never ending line in Math 7 18, yet imperfection in the form of iniquity surfaced in Satan. It must have been put there by God Himself if Eph 3 8 is to be believed.

God is said to have somehow found it but as the creator of all things, He must have created it and placed it within Satan. Presumably to surface and have God find it. It could not have been lost to God so why the Bible uses the word found is perplexing.

We have to believe then that Satan was created exactly as he was meant to be. Perfect as God is only capable of, yet, having evil, sin and iniquity as part of his perfection.

If so, it seems strange that God is later said in scripture to cast Satan into hell.

Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking):Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

If God gave Satan his nature and Satan followed His God given nature, as he must, then why would God curse His perfect creation seeing as how perfection cannot change to imperfection?
If it can and God is also perfect then that would mean that God could also turn to imperfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHj0dtSwxqQ

For either God or Satan.

Can you shed some light on this issue?

You should know that I do not have much of a problem with the above because I think more as the Hebrews and Jews think. That being that Satan was never evil and was more of God’s Loyal opposition and that Genesis was not the fall of man but man’s ascension to having a moral sense that comes with the knowledge of good and evil.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_sat2.htm

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,014 • Replies: 10
No top replies

goodtopaz

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 11:14 am
@Greatest I am,
There's a lot of words there!

In answer to your first question 'Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?' as i interpret.. and i shall go out on a limb and almost double back on what i'm about to say.. but i believe that Satan is good, simply in the sense that Satan's purpose has come to be known as only of evil and punishment. Since Satan upholds this character then he is a 'good Satan', he forfils his purpose and reminds people of a balance in the world between good and evil. Without extremes how could we truly identify our values?

On the topic of God as imperfect, most would argue against, it's all down to perception. I think the concept of both God and Satan are perfect yet Satan is imperfect by nature.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 09:10 am
@goodtopaz,
goodtopaz wrote:

There's a lot of words there!

In answer to your first question 'Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?' as i interpret.. and i shall go out on a limb and almost double back on what i'm about to say.. but i believe that Satan is good, simply in the sense that Satan's purpose has come to be known as only of evil and punishment. Since Satan upholds this character then he is a 'good Satan', he forfils his purpose and reminds people of a balance in the world between good and evil. Without extremes how could we truly identify our values?

On the topic of God as imperfect, most would argue against, it's all down to perception. I think the concept of both God and Satan are perfect yet Satan is imperfect by nature.

How can he be if God creates all natures perfect?

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:00 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest!

Good and evil are human applications, labels for that which is beneficial or detrimental. Neither actually exist beyond the scope of human interpretaion.

remove humans from the universe and there are no good or evil acts.

God is a human invention to third-party the process of responsibility, because human beings, in general, feel that they are divided from the natural order of things and, ergo, have no faith in themselves.

Here is a new avenue for you to pursue: If, before creation, there was only God "ONLY God", then what material did God create with? Bits of God? This would imply that all of creation is God - Ergo - God is everything, and if so, then everything is God...

So - Have a brilliant day God!
Kind regards!
God...
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:26 am
@mark noble,
Been there.

Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods. ------Jesus.

I call us God WIPs.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest!

What does "WIP's" mean?

I am unfamiliar with a lot of these modern abbreviations.

Thank you!
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:33 am
@mark noble,
Work In Progress.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:30 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest!

Thank you! While we're at it, is LOL "lots of love" or "laugh out loud"?
And what is IMAO?

Thank you greatest.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Greatest!

Thank you! While we're at it, is LOL "lots of love" or "laugh out loud"?
And what is IMAO?

Thank you greatest.
Mark...

LOL is laugh out loud.
I do not know what IMAO is.

IMO is usually in my opinion with variations of IMHO, in my honest opinion.

IYO, in your opinion.

There is probably a listing of these in Google but I have never looked for it.
Try finding it and let me know if you do.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 09:17 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

And what is IMAO?

its an L not a i, LMAO: "Laugh my ass off"
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 09:19 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Good and evil are human applications, labels for that which is beneficial or detrimental. Neither actually exist beyond the scope of human interpretaion.

remove humans from the universe and there are no good or evil acts.

Agreed
0 Replies