Blood Letting Blues or a Crisis in Self-Esteem Management

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 11:00 am
@tsarstepan,
Donating blood right now on this newish Alyx blood separating machine. Shocked Hopefully I'll be done soon. Long 30 minutes.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 11:27 am
@tsarstepan,
This should keep you occupied then......

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 12:14 pm
tsar, are you well hydrated before they stick you?

Much easier to find a good vein if you are.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 07:54 pm
Went in to donate whole blood today. I guess they're super desperate and they convinced me to commit to a double red cell donation today. A first for me. Of course, I agreed. Turns out they use the same machine for this procedure as they do with platelets extractions. And despite my concerns and doubts, everything went smoothly.

So basically, the procedure went without hitch and this was the first successful encounter with the platelets machine, and my veins have NOT given out halfway through I guess since 2014. I guess I forgot to update this thread after that previous posting. I vaguely recall I made it halfway through before they had to stop prematurely.

So, I will try and hopefully succeed in donating double red cells in another 4 months. That's a heck of a long stretch between donations. But dems apparently are the rules. I am glad I can do this in order to help anyone in need.

I'm wondering what part has to do with the tech being perfected over the preceding years. That has to be the key to some of this successful procedure.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 08:30 am
Here's an example of a DIFFERENT kind (and even seasonal) of blood donation.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:20:40