Anybody want to play me?

rosborne979

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:42 am
@wandeljw,
I thought you had a superior board position right up until move #19 where the white pawn moved the rook pawn up to 4. Then things started to go kind of badly for you. Mr. Kitten seemed to keep the pressure on from that point and advanced his position relentlessly.

You both played a nice game, very enjoyable to watch. Thanks.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:10 am
@rosborne979,
That's true. I felt good about my game before then. All of a sudden, I felt like I was stumbling around. Minor changes in position can affect the game greatly.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:59 am
Thanks to you both for the entertaining game; I certainly enjoyed following the moves (being old-fashioned, I used a real board and pieces). I wonder what would have happened if MK had castled on his queen side.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:06 am
@jgweed,
I also set up the game on a real board. I was waiting for mister kitten to castle queenside. He never did. In fact, he may have avoided wasting some moves.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 11:51 am
@engineer,
Just pursuing the idea of the knight sacrifice which I like more and more, I can see a couple of defenses for white, both not all that great. After 15.g4 Nxg4 16. fxg4 Qh4+, white can either block with the queen to keep it in play: 17. Qf2 Qxg4 18. Bxd6 Qxe4+

or move the king: 17. Kd2 Qxg4 18. Bxd6 Bxe4+ with white's rook hanging and the queen out of play.

0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 05:40 pm
@jgweed,
You're welcome! Glad you liked it
0 Replies