One more fantasy exploded, gone! The truth about the Korean War

JTT

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 10:41 pm
Quote:
The North Koreans had ample cause to fear such aggressive posturing, based on bitter memories of their last experience with the U.S. military during the 1950-3 Korean War.

In the first year of that war, on November 5, 1950, General Douglas MacArthur ordered the destruction of "every means of communication, every installation, factory, city and village" in an area stretching from the Yalu River to the battle line. The first city to be leveled was Sinuiju, and napalm soon began to be employed during bombing raids against civilians. Over 2,300 gallons of napalm were dropped on Pyongyang in one raid alone, in July 1952.

Mass fire bombings systematically wiped out one town after another,

WAR CRIME - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETTING CIVILIANS

and U.S. planes also targeted power stations and irrigation dams that supported rice fields. As irrigation dams were destroyed, villages downstream were swept away in the resulting floods, inflicting enormous death and destruction.

WAR CRIME - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETING CIVILIANS

At various times during the war, the U.S. even considered use of tactical nuclear weapons.

Hungarian correspondent Tibor Meray witnessed the "destruction and horrible things committed by the American forces. Everything which moved in North Korea was a military target, peasants in the fields were often machine gunned by pilots" motivated by what seemed to him amusement.

WAR CRIME - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETING CIVILIANS

Meray saw "complete devastation between the Yalu River and the capital" of North Korea. There were "no more cities in North Korea," he reported. Every city Meray passed through "was a collection of chimneys. I don’t know why houses collapsed and chimneys did not, but I went through a city of 200,000 inhabitants and I saw thousands of chimneys and that was all."

General William Dean, taken prisoner during the war, remembered being amazed at the sight of the city of Huichon. "The city I’d seen before – two storied buildings, a prominent main street – wasn’t there anymore," while "most of the towns were just rubble or snowy open spaces where buildings had been." All of these towns, he said, "once full of people, were unoccupied shells. The villagers lived in entirely new temporary villages, hidden in canyons."

Executions of civilians occurred on a mass scale, both by American troops and by U.S.-installed South Korean President Syngman Rhee’s forces. As U.S. soldiers were pushed out of North Korea by advancing Chinese and North Korean troops, they deliberately destroyed everything in their path. The war diary of the 24th Infantry Division relates, "Razing of villages along our withdrawal routes and destruction of food staples became the order of the day."

ADMITTED WAR CRIMES - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETTING CIVILIANS

A Chinese soldier remembers that virtually no house was left standing and that the region was filled with homeless people during the winter of 1950-1 when temperatures dropped to 40 below zero.

According to General Curtis LeMay, "We burned down just about every city in North and South Korea both," and "we killed off over a million civilian Koreans and drove several million more from their homes."

WAR CRIME - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETTING CIVILIANS - the war criminal of WWII, Curtis Lemay was pressed into service to continue his war crimes against North Korean civilians. In the eyes of the American government and the military establishment, he performed admirably.

What say you, Cy, FailuresArt, MM, Okie, Ican, Firefly, do you consider him to have lived up to the high standards set by others in their military incursions into poor defenseless countries?

During the war, North Korean responded to such terror tactics by building underground factories and housing on a large scale. (12) North Korean concerns over U.S. threats are routinely dismissed as over-sensitivity, but such a view can only be sustained by ignorance of the history of the Korean War.

The North Koreans haven’t forgotten the experience, building many post-war factories and military facilities underground. It should be pointed out that such underground facilities fall into the second category of targets the Bush Administration identifies as justifying the use of nuclear weapons: targets able to withstand non-nuclear attack.

same old same old WAR CRIMES - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETING CIVILIANS[/color]

The thing about this, if and when you have the honesty and the guts to read the whole article is the duplicity that is so much a part of American policy. The UN is just a voice, a blunt weapon employed by the USA to disseminate its propaganda, to completely confuse its own citizenry; how do y'all feel about being that used that abused, that deceived by your own government on that massive a scale.

It's amazing how there's virtually no little difference between the USA and Nazi Germany when it comes to disseminating propaganda.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
~Adolph Hitler
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,016 • Replies: 8
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:09 am
JTT, I apologise for being rude to you in another thread. In this one you are right on the button.
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:16 am
@contrex,
No need for any apology, Contrex. I'm no saint when it comes to the "rude" department.

You know, I think that you are the first person who has ever been honest about this whole issue of the US committing war crimes, mass murder, terrorism.

It's not like everyone hasn't long had that opportunity, but I thank you for your honesty and your bravery in coming forward.

I thank you not for me, but for the some six million who haven't been able to enjoy life or liberty or the pursuit of happiness. It's sad, isn't it, not to mention, kinda ironic?
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:28 am
@JTT,
Quote:
The North Koreans haven’t forgotten the experience, building many post-war factories and military facilities underground. It should be pointed out that such underground facilities fall into the second category of targets the Bush Administration identifies as justifying the use of nuclear weapons: targets able to withstand non-nuclear attack.

same old same old WAR CRIMES - PURPOSEFULLY TARGETING CIVILIANS

My deepest apologies for the mistake above. George W Bush never committed those war crimes I inadvertently accused him of.

It should have read,

same old same old WAR CRIMES - PURPOSEFULLY INTENDING TO TARGET CIVILIANS; NO INDICATIONS THAT THE USUAL PATTERN OF WAR CRIMES COMMITTED IN THE PAST WOULD CHANGE

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:58 am
Holy ****! I just realized that I haven't provided a link. I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Targeting North Korea

By Gregory Elich

http://www.iacenter.org/Koreafiles/korea_elich.html

What you've read so far is only a wee bit of history, albeit a highly revealing one.

The thrust of the whole article illustrates the unbelievable levels of deceit, the treacherous lengths that the USA will go to demonize countries, to trick the world into thinking that these countries are the evil ones when all along it is the USA that is truly, deeply engaged in the most malevolent evil imaginable.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 02:44 am
@JTT,
Quote:
You know, I think that you are the first person who has ever been honest about this whole issue of the US committing war crimes, mass murder, terrorism.

My apologies, Contrex. This was not your first time. I now recall that you have stepped forward in the past to state what you have stated here.

I also believe McTag has done the same, not necessarily in conjunction with my threads though that's hardly necessary.

If I've missed anyone else, my apologies.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 02:53 am
Quote:
According to General Curtis LeMay, "We burned down just about every city in North and South Korea both," and "we killed off over a million civilian Koreans and drove several million more from their homes."

Why, in heaven's name, could someone please explain to me, would the USA, the country that tells us its primary motive is to save the oppressed, burn down the homes of the very people it was purportedly fighting to save?

Why, in heaven's name, could someone please explain to me, would the USA, the country that tells us its primary motive is to save the oppressed, "kill[ed] off over a million civilian Koreans and drve several million more from their homes"?

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:17 am
I recall that as well as the US, and the ROK (Republic of [South] Korea), my own country, Great Britain, and Canada, Turkey, Australia, Philippines, New Zealand, Ethiopia, Greece, Thailand, France, Colombia, Belgium, South Africa, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg took part. In the late 1960s I had a girlfriend whose (British) father was killed in Korea.

I quote from a BBC web site last updated in November 2009

"While atrocities conducted both by North and South Korean forces have already been documented, recently a much darker side to the US involvement in the Korean War has begun to emerge. It casts a shadow over the conduct of US forces during the conflict, particularly of officers and generals in command. Declassified military documents recently found in the US National Archives show clearly how US commanders repeatedly, and without ambiguity, ordered forces under their control to target and kill Korean refugees caught on the battlefield. More disturbing still have been the published testimonies of Korean survivors who recall such killings, and the frank accounts of those American veterans brave enough to admit involvement.

Kill 'em All': The American Military in Korea

By Jeremy Williams"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/coldwar/korea_usa_01.shtml

I have to say that much of this is not exactly new - I remember reading, over 30 years ago, an account by a journalist of his experiences in Korea during the war. He visited a US battalion whose personnel was drawn from the Mid West and was horrified to see that some of the soldiers were using Korean farmers for target practice. He talked to their platoon sergeant, a WW2 veteran, who apparently deplored this (but had made no effort to stop it) and who said "There is no more cold blooded killer than your average American farm boy."

Also we have been familiar for decades with what went on in Vietnam, and going back further, in the Pacific during WW2. I remember reading how US soldiers in Vietnam were told not to feel bad about killing VC because Asian people had a different view about death - they didn't value human life as highly as Westerners do. Rubbing out a "gook" was not to be compared with killing a white person. Hardly surprising that this spilled over. I don't believe My Lai was unique.

Of course you won't hear or read about this kind of stuff in the mainstream media in any of the countries I mentioned. Britain did some very nasty stuff in Kenya during the Mau Mau emergency in the 1950s. Check out Hola Camp.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:29 pm
Quote:
At various times during the war, the U.S. even considered use of tactical nuclear weapons.

So much for that big lie that the atomic bombs were necessary to make Japan surrender. Did North Korea surrender?

The US knew that had they dropped atomic bombs on North Korea [from what Curtis Lemay says, they probably wouldn't have had any qualms whatsoever about using them on South Korea] they couldn't have invented a big enough lie - notwithstanding that they really are expert at that -- to stop the condemnation from the world.
0 Replies