Does God enjoy evil?

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 12:38 pm
Does God enjoy evil?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ephesians 3:8-10
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God thus seems to have created evil, as He created all concepts, for his pleasure, including evil.

How does God get pleasure from evil and is He allowing it to happen?

Hell is demonstrably an immoral and evil construct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Does God get pleasure from it’s existence?

Man has laws against men allowing evil to happen when they have a way to prevent it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission_(criminal_law)#Some_offences_require_acts

Does that mean that man is more moral than God?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,132 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kittenluver97

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 08:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
are u cristian??????????????????/
ABYA

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:50 pm
@Greatest I am,
There is a "good" purpose of "evil"
If we recognise our darkness as evil and we can see an alternative, goodness, then we have a choice.
I believe that what these texts are saying is that God gives us all our thoughts, good and bad. The part we play in life is to choose how to act upon these thoughts which enter us.
The options we have are to go along with the evil inclination, which is selfishness, this is our natural way of behaving, or to go above that and create a good intention of wanting to give pleasure to others.
One is egoism the other altruism.
jgweed

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 07:52 am
Granted in most Christian theologies the problem of evil is not satisfactorily resolved, but doesn't it seem anthropomorphic to attribute human emotions to God?
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:53 am
@ABYA,
ABYA wrote:

There is a "good" purpose of "evil"
If we recognise our darkness as evil and we can see an alternative, goodness, then we have a choice.
I believe that what these texts are saying is that God gives us all our thoughts, good and bad. The part we play in life is to choose how to act upon these thoughts which enter us.
The options we have are to go along with the evil inclination, which is selfishness, this is our natural way of behaving, or to go above that and create a good intention of wanting to give pleasure to others.
One is egoism the other altruism.

God gives us all our thoughts you say.

Then we have no choice but to sin as Jesus said that to even think of a sin is as good as doing it.

You might want to re-think your blaming of God for our thoughts.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:55 am
@kittenluver97,
kittenluver97 wrote:

are u cristian??????????????????/

Does it mater? I did not write the quotes showing that God created evil for His pleasure.

Thanks for speaking to the O P.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:57 am
@jgweed,
jgweed wrote:

Granted in most Christian theologies the problem of evil is not satisfactorily resolved, but doesn't it seem anthropomorphic to attribute human emotions to God?

It actually is if you read it right.
Is the law maker not the one to decide what is morally evil or not?

Regards
DL
0 Replies