Does God want slaves or empowered people?

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:21 pm
Does God want slaves or empowered people?

If on earth as it is in heaven is to have any meaning to believers at all, they should recognize that human morals are better than God’s in the issue of just what our heavenly Father wants for us.

God’s idea of free will is -----do it my way or be tortured forever in hell.
I call that a threat and coercion and immoral. Nor free will at all.
It seems to me that God wants slaves and not empowered people.
If we are always doing His will, then we cannot ever exercise our own.

Any man should want his children to meet or beat whatever that man is or has accomplished. He should wants a successful child to be proud of and better than himself. Empowered and not a slave to him as a father or his rules.

God on the other hand wants us all somewhere way below what He is and should we dare aspire to a greater heights or even a different level, it is off to hell for us.

Man then seems to has better morals.

Right?

Do you want your children as your slaves the way our heavenly Father does for us, His children?
If --on earth as it is in heaven-- then you must.
If not then you break the first commandment by putting your ideals ahead of God’s.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:36 pm
@Greatest I am,
You talk as if God were one of us.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:10 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

What's wrong with that Intrepid?

So Let's rephrase the question... do you want slaves, or empowered people?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 05:36 pm
God is the creator and He is sovereign. He knows what is best for us but mankind (in general) doesn't believe that. The bible says God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:01 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

What's wrong with that Intrepid?

So Let's rephrase the question... do you want slaves, or empowered people?

We are natural animals.

The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
The God of man is a man.

Our first God was a man and our last shall be as well.

Who but man can put words to the will of God?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:04 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

God is the creator and He is sovereign. He knows what is best for us but mankind (in general) doesn't believe that. The bible says God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

Ya. So that bit of hear say and Bible say must be as real as talking animals.

It also says that His ways are mysterious and unfathomable.

How then can you follow what you do not understand or know.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:05 am
@Greatest I am,
The bible says if you draw near to God He will draw nearer to you. We learn about God through his word, through prayer, and through our daily walk. There are, of course, things we as humans cannot fully comprehend about God but there is plenty we can know of Him.
Miller

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:13 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

do you want slaves, or empowered people?

I'll take buttered popcorn, please! Laughing
ebrown p

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:26 am
@Miller,
Quote:

I'll take buttered popcorn, please! Laughing

What do you think I am, your slave?!
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:15 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

The bible says if you draw near to God He will draw nearer to you. We learn about God through his word, through prayer, and through our daily walk. There are, of course, things we as humans cannot fully comprehend about God but there is plenty we can know of Him.

Instead of preaching your garbage, why not speak to the O P and tell us what you know then.

I am here to ask questions or discuss issues. Keep your useless preaching to yourself as it just shows that you cannot think for yourself.

No wonder your bible tell women to sit at the back of the church and shut up if you are an example of discussion.

Regards
DL
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:16 pm
God is showing serious signs of incompetence and my beliefs are wavering.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:50 pm
@Greatest I am,
Again you want to attack instead of discuss. I will not make the mistake of ever posting to you again. And by the way, whatever god you do serve, if you do serve one, if he allows you to treat humans as you do, I'd want nothing to do with him
Krumple

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
The reason you get so many different responses is because god is imaginary and people want to invent what ever they feel is necessary for the god variable to hold. Some want it to be just pure love, others want it to be a harsh judge and other still want it to be a passive carelessness mind. What ever you want god to be that generally is how people answer.

I guess you could say I want god to be non existent. But the reality is probably that god actually does not exist except for within people's imagination.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:56 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

God is showing serious signs of incompetence and my beliefs are wavering.

You approach enlightenment then. Good.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:01 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Again you want to attack instead of discuss. I will not make the mistake of ever posting to you again. And by the way, whatever god you do serve, if you do serve one, if he allows you to treat humans as you do, I'd want nothing to do with him

I believe in tough love when adults like yourself have been indoctrinated into belief in fantasy characters.
I like to discuss but you do not since all you ever do is preach.

If you are comfortable with belief in talking animals and water walkers being real. I cannot help you find our real God the way I have.

Enjoy contributing to these. That really pleases God.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1s

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:06 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

The reason you get so many different responses is because god is imaginary and people want to invent what ever they feel is necessary for the god variable to hold. Some want it to be just pure love, others want it to be a harsh judge and other still want it to be a passive carelessness mind. What ever you want god to be that generally is how people answer.

I guess you could say I want god to be non existent. But the reality is probably that god actually does not exist except for within people's imagination.

I agree as to the miracle working absentee Bible God.

I find those who like the idea that God would create a hell for others, do so because they think God would need an outlet for His torture and hate when it is the so called believer that just loves to hate the others and does not want to give up his hate.

For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing. Fight on.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:28 am
A discussion is where two or more engage in the exchange of ideas, beliefs, etc. Intolerant judgmentalism would be calling the other person stupid, brainwashed, deluded, etc. for what they believe merely because you think you are better than they are and have the whole truth.

It is, indeed, a noble thing to seek the truth. It is an arrogant thing to think you have found it completely.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:17 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

A discussion is where two or more engage in the exchange of ideas, beliefs, etc. Intolerant judgmentalism would be calling the other person stupid, brainwashed, deluded, etc. for what they believe merely because you think you are better than they are and have the whole truth.

It is, indeed, a noble thing to seek the truth. It is an arrogant thing to think you have found it completely.

I agree with your last and note that that is what you do in your claim of having found God.

If you want to discuss anything with me then leave dogma elsewhere. It is your thoughts I seek and not the empty dogma that you spout.

Do you want your children slaved to you as God wants of us or do you want better for your children?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:23 am
@Arella Mae,
Drones, robots, walking PC's by the Van Gogh
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:38 am
Discussions are not discussions when insults start flying or someone thinks they can dictate how another is to relate their ideas. Intolerance for someone having a differing view, even to the point of thinking one can actually dictate to another what they should leave out of one's conversation, is the height of arrogance in my opinion.